Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: what did you get for christmas!  (Read 14261 times)

Taz2

Re: what did you get for christmas!
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2016, 07:53:57 PM »

It seems as if it is rather a chore to buy presents for them and for them to buy for you? Wouldn't it be easier just to stop altogether. It's difficult if you rarely see each other to choose something that's appropriate. What do they buy for your husband?

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2016, 08:01:33 PM »

Stuff.  At least by not seeing them often we can trot off to the Charity shop if necessary  ::).  I did suggest that we stopped buying for each other but that was vetoed by the other 3 with them saying 'but we like buying for you'  ::) ……. I have resorted to writing a list which worked for several years but really, apart from bubble bath and good talcum powders, wild bird feeders, there's not much I need ………. tokens would suit but they 'don't do' tokens  :-\ although they did send me a B&Q one with instructions of what to buy ………...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2016, 04:02:59 PM »

The replacement has arrived.  A light, Summer top instead of a Winter jumper.  Sized 8 so will have to fit it on.  Not my colours at all  >:( - no note in the package, not even an envelope with the receipt in case it needs changing again …….  :sigh:

So I rang to say 'thank you' for sending the parcel and of course, the question on Sat. morning was 'do you like it?' - well 'no, actually, not my colours really …….. ' a disappointed sigh from the other end: well she did ask!  I also asked Himself if it was something he would have picked for me as a surprise and he shook his head firmly 'no'.  >shrug<.  So I've put the top away ………..

That's that until this year then  ::) - anyone started C.mas shopping ….  :whist:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:58:16 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]