Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hamsters  (Read 9312 times)

jedigirl

Re: Hamsters
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 08:42:46 PM »

She seemed more settled today. Was more calm being handled last night, enjoyed a nibble of my dressing gown!!

Dorothy

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 10:44:57 AM »

They love nibbling!  We left my first hamster's cage too near the window one night, and by the next morning, a large part of the curtain had been turned into 'lace' curtain!  But at least she used to use a corner of her cage as her toilet.  Hamster Number 2 didn't like messing in her own space - she used to build a sawdust ramp that reached up to the wire part of the cage and reverse up it so that her urine went down the wall outside her cage  >:(

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »

Hamster Number 2 didn't like messing in her own space - she used to build a sawdust ramp that reached up to the wire part of the cage and reverse up it so that her urine went down the wall outside her cage  >:(

Many of ours did exactly the same Dorothy  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »

Cage not large enough then!

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 02:53:37 PM »

Cage was more than large enough.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 04:57:23 PM »

…..  ;D

It's when they wee in the tubes that it gets difficult - undoing all that pipe work to rinse it out  ::).  Someone I knew years ago had tubing all round the kitchen, from the cage up the wall; along the top of the units close to the ceiling; back down to the cage ……… never knew where it would turn up next  :P

jedigirl

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 05:53:35 PM »

Wow, that sounds fun but too much work for me! ::)

Dorothy

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 10:34:20 PM »

Mine had a huge cage with lots of toys.  The first one used to go in a jam jar that we put on its side in the corner.  We tried all sorts of things with the second one, but she just insisted on using the wall.  They had very different personalities.  Number 1 was a real gym bunny, whizzing round on the wheel all night, climbing all over the bars and when we let her out for her daily playtime, she used to run so fast it was a job not to lose her.  Number 2 never used the wheel or climbed and just ambled when we let her out.  No1 lived to be nearly 3 and No2 only made it to just past 2, so ladies, keep up that exercise.  If it makes such a difference to hamsters, just think what it could do to you!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »

:lol:
Pages: 1 [2]