Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Christmas Flu  (Read 8255 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Christmas Flu
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 10:12:24 PM »

Thanks CKLD - I do try to sleep propped up but find it difficult. Spent the evening curled up on the sofa watching a bit of TV - my hips have started to ache again badly.  This is a truly horrid virus. I'm dosing myself up with paracetamol, some vicks on my chest and a good dose of Covonia Nightime in the hope of getting a better night.
Sweet dreams everyone.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 01:02:44 PM »

Any improvement?  Managed a deep warm bath yet?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 03:35:19 PM »

Hi CKLD - Hot baths are sadly out for me - partly because we don't have a suitable bath ( a strange shape designed for a shower with steep sides so you can't lie back and relax) - I also avoid baths because they tend to aggravate my VA.  I did have a really hot shower before going to sleep which was really soothing and after dosing myself well I slept much better.  Spent the morning in bed today but then got dressed and had a walk around the garden - such a lovely day and the fresh air felt good. Still feel really shaky, struggling to fancy food but everything has loosened up and I feel I've turned the corner. I'm going to have to be sensible and take it easy for a few days yet I think - this will not be easy!!!!  Dg xxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 03:56:50 PM »

One you recover you will wonder how it was that you felt so ill  ::)

Plenty of fluids?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 10:11:31 PM »

About to go to bed now having spent the evening on the sofa - I have managed some supper and starting to feel more humane - thank goodness.  Sweet dreams everyone.  DG x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 01:04:44 PM »

Did U sleep?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 01:42:56 PM »

Hi CKLD - yes I slept quite well but had to spend the morning in bed - now I've started to sleep because I am not in so much pain I think I need lots of sleep to recover. It's all rather depressing as I feel so weak!!! It's a beautiful day so I have managed a walk around the garden - all the bulbs are coming up and the Hellebores are starting to flower. Hubby has been great - bless him - I'm very fortunate. DG xxx

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 03:37:35 PM »

You've been poorly.  Weakness can be caused because muscles soon atrophy due to lack of use so movement becomes more difficult.

Keep fluid uptake high!  Sleep when you can - I've been catching up for a few days: what happened at the start of the month knocked me for 6 but I kept going, now that the 'festivities' are over it's all catching up.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 04:04:59 PM »

Good advice CKLD. I'm going to be sensible.  DG x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 05:02:01 PM »

:tulips:

Briony

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »

DG, only just caught up with this thread. Wanted to send you a big 'get well' hug. It's a horrible time of the year to be ill. Really hope you feel better for the New Year xxx

:tulips:

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »

Gosh - lots of you suffering out there - poor things.  I have just got up and washed my hair having rested in bed most of today - there is something about having clean hair that makes one feel better. I still ache all over but the dry hacking cough is loosening and the throat is slightly less sore. My lovely husband has been great - bringing me hot drinks etc.
CKLD - I've done lots of gargling with salt water, steaming etc.-  the house stinks of VICKS!!!! The old remedies are the best.  The nights have been gruesome - when I have managed to sleep I then wake suddenly with my throat so dry I feel I can't breath.  Hips still very painful but this is easing. This virus started last Sunday so today is day 7  - I think I'm going to have to take it easy for a few days yet - feel so weak and shaky!!! I'm due to work on Tuesday but I've asked a colleague to cover for me if she can - I'm a tour guide and only get paid for the tours I do so this virus is costing me big time.!!!   Thanks again for support and my sympathies to all those out there suffering as well.  DG xxxx

You poor soul!  I have escaped it this Xmas so far but was hit by a similar one at Easter which went on for ages. i was due to meet a friend today but she cancelled for similar reasons.  Hope you feel better soon.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 04:10:49 PM »

Thank you again for the kind support everyone.  I have just managed to get to Tesco to do some much needed shopping but it totally exhausted me.  I've had to cancel work tomorrow as I really don't feel up to leading a tour - this involves guiding groups around a brewery lasting one and half hours.  I now have a headache from hell and feel so dizzy - I assume I have a bit of a sinus infection and my ears are effected !!!
Having this virus has reminded me how I feel when not on HRT e.g. headaches, joints aches, feeling hot, flustered and bad tempered.  I have always described my menopause symptoms as 'constantly fighting a virus' - I have been feeling so good on HRT over the last few months I had forgotten how horrible I used to feel. DG xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 04:19:41 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl

Just catching up on the forum after Christmas absence - and very sorry to hear you've been ill over the Christmas period and are still feeling rough - definitely sounds like proper flu. Various members of my family have had various bugs - some while we were all away - but mainly colds or fluey colds - my husband and daughter had a hot achey one, and youngest son a snuffly one. I thought I'd got away with it as it was 10 days ago since first exposed to the bugs, but have just developed a cold from one of them - hopefully that's all it is - no aches as yet, just a sore throat and snuffles. Do take it easy - takes longer to recover from things at our age.  ::)  The tours can wait :)

Hurdity xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 04:03:13 PM »

I worked yesterday and today and now feel I've gone backwards with this horrid bug - awful pain my hips and feel so stuffy in the head and also have an ear ache.
Feeling quite desperate - don't want to have ABs as they really upset my stomach.  I have no work for 2 days so will continue to take it easy. Sorry to moan  - I'm just so fed up!! :( 
I do hope others aren't struggling too much this this. DG xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3