Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice for a newbie please  (Read 1729 times)

Ohgoodnessme

Advice for a newbie please
« on: December 21, 2015, 02:50:43 PM »

I started taking Femoston 1/10 at the beginning of this month. I've taken the 14 oestrogen tablets and am due to take my 6th progestogen tablet this evening.  Yesterday I was in an absolutely foul mood and today I seem to be having a bleed. Is this normal or just until my hormones settle down? I know it's very early days but I was hoping to feel so much better on HRT.  So far I have felt rubbish!

Milamam

Re: Advice for a newbie please
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 04:27:11 PM »

Hi Ohgoognessme,
Yes, definitely early days in terms of mood settling in. As to the bleed, I wouldn't worry. I am on Femoston as well, and have had the withdrawal bleed anytime after I start the progesterone pills. In fact just recently, even before that. Your own hormones are probably playing in the background, causing imbalance. I have also had the opposite - no bleed at all for 60 or so days, i.e two packs . Hopefully within two-three months HRT does settle in. It also depends on how far you are in menopause. If you are still early peri, the chances to get irregular bleeding mid-pack are higher as your hormones fluctuate much more than if you are aleady close to menopause or post-menopausal. Also Femoston 1/10 is low dose, your own hormones may be overriding it.

Milamam

Ohgoodnessme

Re: Advice for a newbie please
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 04:56:48 PM »

Thanks Milamam, I feel so much better having read your reply. I shall keep on taking the tablets & see what happens!