Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: crawly itchy inside  (Read 4341 times)

Yammy1

crawly itchy inside
« on: December 21, 2015, 11:41:47 AM »

Hi just wondering if anyone else has these symptoms. woke up this morning and i feel like my whole body is itchy on the inside, my legs feel really weird like something is  crawling around inside them and i am so irritable, please anyone any suggestions on how to treat this
thanks in advance

Yammy1

Re: crawly itchy inside
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 01:30:04 PM »

Thank you for your reply sparkle, Guess we'll just have to live with it until the magic cure is found

Trufflecat

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 03:05:07 PM »

Try bananas - I get that feeling mostly in my legs but sometimes in my arms too and occasionally all over.  Since someone on this forum (sorry can't remember who!) recommended bananas for RLS, I've been eating one a day...no more problem.  Went down with a tummy bug Thursday night, haven't eaten a banana since and by Saturday night, the crawling & twitching was back.  Driving me mad now, so just eaten a banana (I don't like them and couldn't face eating one before as tummy still feeling a bit 'fragile'!)  and am hoping it will take effect SOON!

Sunnydays

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »

I have this feeling in the side of my legs and can definitely attribute it to Hrt. For me, it is a feeling as if something is tricking down actually inside my leg. I got it when I started Vagifem and when the feeling extended to down  the whole of the side of my leg, I stopped the Vagifem and the feeling stopped shortly after. I don't get this with ovestin. Strangely enough in the last week or so I have started to get it again and I know my whole hormone system is not right at the moment. I have experienced restless legs (as far as I'm aware ) and it wasn't like this crawling/trickling  feeling at all.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 07:32:03 PM »

Hello Yammy 1 and welcome to the forum.

As you can see there are many weird and wonderful sensations for us at this time in our lives and you have come to the right place for information and support.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

K.

dogdoc

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 07:35:49 PM »

Sparkle I'm with you 100%.  Docs know hot flashes insomnia palpitations etc, but when you start describing twitching, crawling, twitching, tingling, etc etc they start sending you out and thinking your nuts.  I think it's alllllll hormones and wonder about cfs and fibromyalgia myself ( both mostly diseases of middle aged women.... Hmmmmm).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 08:16:06 PM »

:bounce:  me - I always advise lots of bananas for restless leg syndrome ……….

Ever since a little girl I've had itchiness deep inside underneath my rib cage - associated usually with a cold.  I was told it was imagination, it is impossible to get underneath the rib cage to scratch and it goes when the cold symptoms go  :-\

Yammy1

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 08:53:10 PM »

Thank you all for responding, I would not wish this meno on my worst enemy but it is comforting to know you are not alone, the blooming mood swings are driving me nuts  :banana:

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 12:01:31 AM »

:bounce:  me - I always advise lots of bananas for restless leg syndrome ……….

Thank you CLKD - if ever you have a 'down' moment, remind yourself that you have transformed another person's life - mine! Twitchy legs was bad enough, but I can't tell you how much I hated the crawling sensation in my arms, nor how many sleepless nights it caused.

Sunnydays, I often feel as if I have water running down my leg on the outside, or that I'm being splashed with water - I used to spend ages hunting for where the water was coming from, but now I've accepted it's 'phantom water' and just ignore it.  I also tend to get a sharp pain at one specific point in my right big toe at the same time, like someone has run a pin into it...HORMONES  ::) ::) ::)

Yammy1, if you're being driven nuts, you'll fit right in here...it's mandatory to be slightly batty if you're an MM member  ::)

Yammy1

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 01:38:49 PM »

Dorothy your so right about having to be slightly batty :bat: some days I feel relatively normal and then bang I get a pain in my left arm and start to panic, It's hard to believe that hormones can cause so many symptoms. I had hysterectomy 3 and a half years ago (still have ovaries) and it's really been a roller coaster since. Up one day and way down the next, to me the anxiety is the worse symptom by far, always thinking oh i'm going to take a heart attack or stroke, really is fun this  menopause  ;D I'm  coming back as a man in my next life for sure lol

kdee69

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »

It sounds like restless legs. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Restless-leg-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I think it's called Formication, which sadly isn't a song by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, but more likely https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication