Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: what to expect after 4 weeks on HRT?  (Read 2541 times)

grumpyjane

what to expect after 4 weeks on HRT?
« on: December 30, 2015, 05:05:56 PM »

Hi everyone.

I've been using 1 pump of Oestrogel and vagifem for the last 4 weeks. And Utro 200mcg (vaginally) for the last 12 days.
What should I expect? As I'm  well post meno, should I have a bleed after so long, or will that happen in the next couple of months? My VA is improved somewhat, although I still find sex a trial. I think that's partly a mental thing, as it used to hurt so much, and I have NO libido. OH keeps asking when "the cream" will start working.... I think the flushes have reduced a little, I  used to get them every 40 minutes, but the frequency has reduced a little. Mood still as unpredictable lol.
So, early days still, just wanted a bit of reassurance  :-\

J x

Sunnydays

Re: what to expect after 4 weeks on HRT?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 01:42:58 PM »

Hi grumpyjane
I'm very much post meno too, also on  only a low dose of oestrogen (patch) and have found it to improve my libido.  I was also taking Ovestin which I found helped but with the continous use of a patch I haven't had to use it for a while.
I know exactly what you mean about the mental block when it comes to sex. I had much pain also. A good lubricant like those made by Durex and a glass of wine will help to relax you and should make all the difference. Good luck

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 05:22:54 PM »

Hi grumpyjane

If your flushes have only reduced a little after a month then I agree with Stellajane - perhaps you should try 2 pumps - maybe you are not absorbing it as well as some do? How and when do you apply it? I don't use estrogel (I use teststerone gel) but I know the amount absorbed is partly dependent on the size of the area applied - and of course your skin and what has been used on it. Also it does need to dry properly before you dress or whatever you do after putting it on!

Also that amount of progesterone used vaginally is probably quite high for that fairly low dose of oestrogen - although if you feel fine on it then that's good. You may well not get a bleed as a result, as Stellajane says.

Hurdity x

grumpyjane

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 08:17:12 PM »

So yesterday morning i started to bleed with what feels like a perfectly normal period. Weird after all these years!

I've also decided to try 2 pumps for a while stellajane, one in the morning and one at night. I'm applying on my thighs -mainly inner thigh - and it dries quite easily .
Hurdity, I was wondering about the amount of Utro too. Will keep going for as I am for now then check with GP when I come back to UK in Feb.
Sunnydays, OH is away working now for 2 weeks so I know what to expect when he comes back..  ;) Actually we quite often argue! But seriously I'm going to try and keep calm, have a glass of wine and go with the flow. We use Yes water based lubricant which is good.

Btw, does anyone know is it ok to use vagifem as normal when bleeding?

J x

happy new year!  :sunny: