Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: swollen glands under chin and burning sensation  (Read 6149 times)

carol100

swollen glands under chin and burning sensation
« on: December 26, 2015, 10:04:14 PM »

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help.
I have had swelling under jaw area both sides since November it is not painful more like a burning tingling feeling.
 It seems to get worse when I am stressed. The doctor doesn't know what it is and I have an appointment at ENT end of Jan. I can't find anything on the internet but have wondered about  Fibromyalgia. Can anyone identify with that?
I do suffer with anxiety and maybe it could be related to that.
I would appreciate any advice until I finally get to hospital.
Thanks
Carol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: swollen glands under chin and burning sensation
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »

My thought is an inflamed/blocked salivary gland?  which your GP should have been able to notice, maybe ask a dentist?  In the meantime, take Nurofen/paracetamol …….

carol100

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »

Hi Sparkle and CLKD
Thanks for your replies.
When I first went to Drs he said possibly salivary gland as it was only one side then. No stone developed but it started on the other side. Went to Drs again and only got referral. appt is end of Jan. Sparkle I have suffered with reflux for some years until at the start of 2015 I was having chest pains and was sent for tests. They found leaking heart valve which they said wasn,t serious and diagnosed Costochronditis. Since then I have massively changed my eating habits and no longer take reflux meds. I have ringing I the ears constantly have suffered mouth ulcers and sore tongue. I am using Flixonasa at the moment as Dr said could be sinus. Just can't wait for ENT appt. Please post result of your appt if you don't mind.
Thanks again
Carol

carol100

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 08:06:35 AM »

I don't eat white bread or pasta, pastry, biscuits, cheese, just plenty of fruit and veg. Sounds boring but I am used to it now. Although I have lapsed over Xmas. I can tell the difference in how I feel though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 01:13:25 PM »

Any improvement?