Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: break through bleed  (Read 2546 times)

elainewin

break through bleed
« on: December 19, 2015, 10:49:22 AM »

HI everyone  this is my second breakthrough bleed since being on hrt last month was very little and lasted 3 days , however this month this is day 3 and very heavy,gone through my night clothes . previous to hrt i had,nt had a normal period since june .
Just wondered if this is due to an inbalance from the hrt  ,I am seeing gp monday,think i might be coming off Hrt cant stand it no longer.

Dancinggirl

Re: break through bleed
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 01:50:04 PM »

If you are peri meno then your own hormones may be fluctuating in the background and this will cause variations in the amount you bleed - over time the HRT will control this better, especially as your own hormones decline.  What HRT are you using? What symptoms are you trying to control?  dG x

elainewin

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 02:10:24 PM »

Climagest 1mg....went on it to control night sweats and its done that really well but it caused me insomnia.terrible mood swings ,and now heavy bleed with bad cramps . things ive never suffered from seeing gp monday hopefully change to patches and utrogeston if not i quit and look for something else .

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 03:29:37 PM »

elainewin, moving to a transdermal bio identical oestrogen and bio identical Utrogestan would be a very wise move.  Not only does this system of HRT work better, it also carries fewer side effects.  Your current HRT contains norethisterone which is probably why you are having so many problems - I can't take it at all and it always gave me severe period cramps.  Utrogestan used for several days per month, preferably vaginally, is a far more sympathetic progesterone (much closer to the one you produced yourself) and has fewer side effects like breast pain for example.

One thing though, I would recommend the Oestrogel, I found it works much better and I think you would get very good results from either one or two pumps per day. 

elainewin

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 04:43:50 PM »

Thanks Mary G will mention all this monday to my Gp will update you all as to what she says  :D