Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femiston conti ultra low  (Read 1661 times)

Kazzie

Femiston conti ultra low
« on: December 19, 2015, 07:50:28 AM »

Have been taking femostpn conti ultra low since end of August , seemed OK until last month had a random bleed and this month my breadth have been so painful I have been sleeping in a sports bra! Just having another bleed! Moods are not great either, but that could be oir new puppy, lack of sleep !! Do you think it's just my body settling down with new tablets ?

Dancinggirl

Re: Femiston conti ultra low
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 01:58:08 PM »

How long have you been post meno? Sounds to me as though your own hormones are kicking in!!?? DG x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »

Kazzie, I've just read up on your medication and that is a very low dose of oestrogen and a high dose of progestin which might explain your problem.  Unfortunately, synthetic progestins cause low mood and breast pain and they also suppress the oestrogen content of the medication making it less effective at relieving symptoms.  Also, that volume of progestin will probably keep the womb lining super thin which means that any slight build up will shed very quickly which has its benefits but also causes the bleeding problems you have been having.

Continuous combined HRT does have its merits in that you do not generally have periods but having tried a few myself, I think they are not for everybody and not always the best form of HRT.  Depending on how you feel about having periods again, you might want to think about changing to a separate transdermal oestrogen (gel or patch) and progesterone (bio identical Utrogestan) which would have fewer side effects and offer better symptom control. 

There are many women who are happy with continuous combined HRT and do not have any adverse reaction to it but if you do, perhaps it is time to think about a change. 

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 07:51:58 PM »

Hi Kazzie

Just having had a quick look at your posts as you are fairly new ( so not too many to read through!!) and you are still very young - to be on this very low dose and can't understand why you have been given this low dose at your age?

As Dancinggirl says it may well be that your own cycle might have kick-started again - which does happen sometimes with very early menopause/premature ovarian failure, so I would suggest you have a re-think - not only for the type as Mary G suggests ( ie patch/gel and separate progesterone such as utrogestan) but think of going back to a cycle which you would normally expect at your age.

The advantage of using separate types is that you can tweak the dose to suit you. Also the mood thing - continuous progestogens such as you are having can cause continuous low mood. if your cycle has re-started then you would expect to have some sort of pms which in peri-menopause will include boob pain, and mood swings. I doubt it is down to the HRT. if you don't want to go onto a separate oestrogen/prog combo then I would suggest you go to Femoston 1/10 and see if your cycle has re-started, and if necessary go up to 2/10. The dose you are on is too low to protect sufficiently against osteroporosis although of course some oestrogen is better than none and does have some protective effect :).

Hurdity x

Kazzie

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 07:52:21 AM »

Thanks for responses. I was given low dose two years ago as was having awful symptoms and levels were really low or doc wanted to boost these as said I was too young to be having symptoms . I was fine on premique but had to change due to supply , was gutted. Think will go back to docs . Xx