Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 3388 times)

Janice68

Utrogestan
« on: December 18, 2015, 09:39:43 AM »

Hi,
I'm starting my quarterly utrogestan tonight and wondering if you have to take it the same time as the estrogel as I take mine in the morning or does it not matter? I'm on it for 14 days and when should I expect to bleed before I finish pills or after pills?

Thanks for your help!! Janx

Trufflecat

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:00:34 AM »

It can make you sleepy and should be taken two hours at least, after eating, so bedtime is best

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »

Trufflecat is right - you must take the Utrogestan at night on an empty stomach - you may find you feel sleepy after taking it so actually sleep better!!!.  The bleed should arrive a day or 2 after your finish the Utrogestan, however, I found it started a bit earlier when on a long cycle.  You may get a bit of PMT when you stop taking the Utro but this should pass after a day or so. Don't expect problems but you may get some breast tenderness or even be slightly more headachy on the odd day which is quite normal.  I feel better when taking it continuously!!! Hope it goes well.  DG x

Janice68

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 10:33:34 AM »

Thank you Girls,

Dg is it still okay to take my estrogel dose in the morning as normal whilst I start the utrogestan
tonight? Many thanks janx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 11:49:17 AM »

Janice - it really doesn't matter when you use the Oestrogel - so continue to use in the mornings if that is what you usually do.  Good luck  Dg x

Janice68

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 12:04:52 PM »

Cheers dg

Sunnydays

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »

Hi Janice. I noticed you said quarterly Utrogestan - what's your current regime and dose etc? And are you post meno? It sounds like a long cycle which I was going to do , but with Provera, but I chickened out due to potential side effects of high dose progesterone! I haven't tried Utrogestan yet so am interested about your situation. 

Janice68

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 02:52:21 PM »

HI Sunnydays,

My Gyne suggested this regime because I am on my 5th hrt trial and because of all my symptoms due to meno  He started me  of with oestrogel for a month and suggested quarterly  of progesterone because of my sensitivity to meds and all of my other symptoms due to low estrogen.

He too suggested Provera because it was one of the  lighter ones than Noristrone (spelt wrong). Then I asked him about Utrogestan and he agreed it was more natural so prescribed 200mg for 14 days every 12 weeks but this is only a trial for me because of my history etc have spoken to doc about this. I have to try it first then see what happens it really is pot luck if my body will take to it and cause more problems ( I hope not!!)  I will have to wait and see will update!!
By the way I like your user name!!   

Janice68

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 12:48:36 PM »

Hi.  Took utrogestan last time and started to itch all over today has anybody had this with this progesterone?
Many thanks x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »

A bit itchiness can happen with any HRT preparation.  It may not be anything to do with the progesterone though - possibly more to do with central heating and the skin being dry. I got some itchiness across my lower back with the synthetic progesterones but I've been fine with Utro. Utro is natural so unless you got these symptoms with your own hormone cycle then it is unlikely to be Utro but could be your body adjusting ???? DG x

Janice68

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »

Thanks Dg,

Ive taken that on board as I should  know really it does take time for  the poor body  to adjust to things also feel headachy and a bit lightheaded today well be the body having to adjust. (Just anxious because of all the things ive been through).
I appreciate all your help Dg
 Cheers x

Cassie

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 03:36:46 PM »

I found the 200mg too heavy so I switched to 12 days monthly of 100mg used vaginally at night with 1 pump of gel...works a treat, just keeps me awake a bit too much.

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 08:02:49 PM »

Hi Janice68

There was another member on here who was severely allergic to exogenous progesterone ( (ie taken from outside her body not her own production of it) and got very severe itches like you describe so couldn't take it at all - I can't remember her name as it was a while back - couple of years perhaps - but you could try doing a search ( go to home page of forum and try in the search bar).

Hopefully it will settle for you!

Hurdity x

Janice68

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 09:16:39 PM »

Thanks Hurdity,
Have found thread I've experienced some of those symptoms  very informative thank you! X

Janice68

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 01:36:38 PM »

Just found out one of the side effects is itching ( pruritus) looks like I might have to give up on this one also got joint pain on the utrogestan!!! ???
Pages: [1] 2