Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: ice cream farm  (Read 6412 times)

clio

ice cream farm
« on: December 20, 2015, 07:53:04 AM »

We went to a lovely ice cream farm the other week, after looking at the animals etc we went into the cafe for a toastie and cuppa.  They had loads of different flavoured ice creams made with milk from there very own cows.  We sampled some amazing flavours and bought a litre tub of the chocolate orange for christmas.  Im struggling however to decide what sort of cake would go with this ice cream,  I didnt want a chocolate cake as I was thinking too rich all that chocolate so was wanting something else.  Does anyone have any suggestions of a dessert I could buy or bake to serve familey christmas day.

Clio

Louisa

Re: ice cream farm
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 07:56:40 AM »

A plain madeira cake ?

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 07:58:38 AM »

Panna cotta?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 12:19:19 PM »

We visit one in Yorkshire not far from Birds Edge ………. breed their calves, use the milk for ice cream - yummy  :-*

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 09:19:38 PM »

Why bother?  All the more room for that yummy icecream!

Alternatively, you could go for something totally different to give people an either/or option.  E.g. either chocolate orange icecream or raspberry pavlova. (or both, if you are me  :P )

Louisa

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 08:01:37 AM »

I cant have ice cream coz of the milk, neither can I have soya BUT yesterday we discovered you can make it with coconut milk too. ;D

Dulciana

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 08:24:27 AM »

I've never heard of an ice cream farm!  Hubby would love the idea............ ::)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 10:35:13 AM »

There's 1 holiday sorted then!  ;) - not far from Birds Edge on the Halifax road ………. we saw 2 calves born last year and they have *flavours* to choose from! as well as cream teas and milk-shakes.

Cassie

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »

An ice cream farm that sounds lovely....what about fresh fruit instead of cake with the ice cream or Xmas cake thats not too sweet.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 11:29:47 AM »

Stollen?  Madera sponge with lemon zest always works as a background to stronger flavours.  Anymore remember sponge fingers?

Or a platter of good cheese with madera or Port? and a small helping of ice cream in a glass bowl which has been dipped into sugar around the rim.

clio

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 01:45:24 PM »

Madeira sounds good, hoping to do my food shopping tomo if I feel up to it (poorly and off work at the moment).  Ive written a list of what I need so hoping to be in and out and back home without too much fuss.  OH fancied shortbread with the ice cream does this sound appealling to you ladies??  Or how about a trio of tiny desserts.....piece of shortbread, small piece of madiera and what else!!!!!!  Any more suggestions ladies would be a real big help  ;D

clio

Ive just been having a look on morrisons website, ive chosen mini shortbread, mini choc brownie, just need one more!!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:02:00 PM by clio »

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 08:20:30 PM »

Shortbread goes with anything: fresh cream, cheese, jam ……….

We eat a lot of 'Gu' products at this time of year  ;D