Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Spots  (Read 6213 times)

jedigirl

Spots
« on: December 05, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »

What causes spots in perimenopause, especially on the chin? Never had them as a teeenager but now have two or three at a time, all becoming red and sore then a head appearing on them , most attractive!
What does anyone else do about them? am sat here with a chin covered in Sudacrem looking like Santa  ::)

Galadriel

Re: Spots
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 09:03:53 PM »

I've got some of those wee horrors too! One on my jaw line and several on each temple.

Mostly they are angry red with no head. Occasionally a head appears and I zap it and smear some germolene cream on it. I feel I have the skin of a teenager, a spotty teenager  ::)

Galadriel x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 10:54:35 PM »

I had spots like that after I had my son. They were all along my jawline & really painful too. Blooming hormones!

jedigirl

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 10:56:19 PM »

Skin like a teen but not the energy!

Briony

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 11:25:02 PM »

I've recently used Clinique's Anti Blemish range and it has really helped.

Louisa

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 08:45:54 AM »

Same here.  I use lemon juice on a cotton wool cleansing pad and leave it on for 20 mins, the acid dries it out.

http://www.top10homeremedies.com/how-to/get-rid-blind-pimple.html
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:20:55 AM by Louisa »

jedigirl

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions ladies, looking particularly hideous today with dry flaky body, spotty chin and dark shadows under eyes. Thank God for candle light!

Meeka

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »

I got spots on my jawline when I  first started on HRT.   I think the progesterone stage may have stimulated them.  I now take the utrogestan vaginally and I think they may have stopped appearing.

Louisa

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »

I do get them on my chin but my forehead and hairline are the worst :'(

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 08:36:48 PM »

I think it's known as menopausal acne - how lovely!

I didn't get spots as a teen but when I became peri-menopausal I started to get hot red raised spots, just on my cheeks - not quite like normal acne but sort of itchy, blotchy and unsightly!  When I started HRT over 8 years ago they disappeared and fortunately have stayed away ever since! I used to just cover mine with make-up....

I sympathise!

Hurdity x

dahliagirl

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 08:47:04 PM »

My spots had gone when I was on the pill - things changed over the last four years and my skin was nice, although I had to use loads of moisturiser.

Since then, it has been one hormonal upheaval after another.  I have two on my forehead and my back went greasy and now  is all zitty again.

It helps if you keep hormonal stuff very level, always taking hrt at exactly the same etc (but that is no help if your own hormones are all over the place.