Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just Joined and Worried  (Read 6067 times)

Wantmylifeback

Re: Just Joined and Worried
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 10:07:26 AM »

Hi Hurdity

Yes I have the Mirena Coil, just started my period today, think I'll leave it until after Christmas as to avoid side effects during the time I am meant to be happy and jolly for my kids!!!

Had a funny episode this morning -  I had a sleepover with my youngest last night (7 years old) and he woke up crying saying he had wet the bed and he was really sorry! On investigating he hadn't wet the bed, it was my night sweats that had soaked him while he had been cuddling me!!! We did giggle about it  :o

WMLB xx

Deeb

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 10:42:06 AM »

so a dilema - I have more HRT patches than the chemist at the moment  :)   Do I stick on Estraderm MX50 patch on for 2 weeks and then stick on a Evorel Conti for the following 2 weeks - or do I need to go back to the GP again.

I might actually give up and suffer....

Galadriel

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 11:09:26 AM »

Oh for heaven's sake! The GP is in dire need of a good teaching session!!

Here's one possible solution. Stick the Estraderm patch on, book in with GP - take a print-off of the treatment options for perimenopause.

With the Estraderm patch in place (stuck to your butt), all you need is a separate progestogen. Uterogestan (micronised progestogen) is a great favourite on here. I'm on MPA (synthetic but derived from our own progesterone so a bit easier to settle on than other progestogens). If her monitor is linked to the internet, you could get her to pull up this site and show her the options... she might learn a few things!!! This is bordering on negligent prescribing.

Hang in there. If a thing is worth having, it's worth fighting for.

Galadriel x

Jenna

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 11:25:36 AM »

Hi Deeb - I don't know personally about this type of HRT, but from what you have said about it being for those without a period for 18 months, and which you are not, they do seem to be the wrong patches. As Hurdity mentioned Evorel Sequi, I would go back to the GP and ask for this. Could you just speak to her on the phone and explain the ones you need and why the ones she has given you aren't suitable.

Deeb

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 12:41:01 PM »

I have made another appointment and am seeing her next Wednesday.

I am not going to do anything until I have met with her.  I am printing all of the peri-menopause stuff on here and taking it with me.

I could quite easily sit and cry to be honest.  Its taken me 2 years to get to the point of requesting help, and typically I hate taking any form of meds, and now it all seems too hard :-(

Galadriel

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 01:01:15 PM »

:hug: Don't despair.
You're past the big hurdle, getting a GP to prescribe.

I guess they've been so used to not prescribing HRT that they've forgotten the basics. Treating women going through peri and into post menopause is not properly addressed in medical training. It will take some time for this to change in the light of the new NICE guidelines.

I swore I wouldn't take any medication to help get through the change. I was going to do it with good diet, exercise etc. I've changed my mind ;) I'll have all the help going.

Galadriel x

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 01:21:25 PM »

Hi guys

Estraderm can be taken with or without periods,this is what I have been prescribed and the leaflet gives guidance for women with and without periods. 

As for my 7 year old, I don't believe in hiding things from my children, the more they understand the less they worry.  Laughter is definitely the best medicine and I encourage everyone to try and do something whenever possible, (even when you feel at your worst ) to distract yourself from how you feel, it's very hard sometimes but it does help 😍
Pages: 1 [2]