Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Need help with sleeping  (Read 1996 times)

Smokey

Need help with sleeping
« on: December 14, 2015, 05:01:53 PM »

Hi

Can anyone recommend tablets to help with sleep from a pharmacy, I can get to sleep ok but keep waking up several times during the night, you may say why take tablets any not catch up during the day but can't sleep during the day either never have. It doesn't help having ms too!

Smokey x

dazned

Re: Need help with sleeping
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 05:19:31 PM »

Valerian tablets can be useful,Ive had them in the past and my DH occasionally uses them too. Boots sell them and sure health food shop may well do too.

SadLynda

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 05:32:55 PM »

Valerian works for me too. I get mine from that 'auction' site, claim to be best on market, I am on my second batch of 60 now as they really help me.  I dont take them every night, as dont feel I 'should' but certainly sleep on the nights I do.

Milamam

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 11:33:35 AM »

When I need to, I take Melatonin . Aparantly there are Melatonin slow release capsules which help sustain you sleep throghtout the night. I dont know however whether these are sold in th UK?

SadLynda

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 12:54:11 PM »

they did to start with Sparkle, but they dont now :)

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 12:44:47 PM »

Thanks everyone

I've never taken sleeping tablets in my life but with so much going on at this time of year (even though I don't do much) I have just had my first nights sleep since I posted on this thread and realise even more how much lack of sleep was effecting me!  I felt so good at breakfast although by noon I have period pains again period not due again until another Three weeks! Last night had indigestion before eating and after again. Men do not know how lucky they are do they!

Do the valeren tabs leave you drowsy? Just wondered what to expect! Are they smallish ?
I'm going to boots today to get some.!

SadLynda

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »

I got mine on line, and they are great.

They left me drowsy for first week but dont bother me now at all.