Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Painful burning sensation in breasts  (Read 1820 times)

Beckybecks

Painful burning sensation in breasts
« on: December 20, 2015, 04:04:32 PM »

Hi. Does anyone experience anything similar. .Driving myself crazeywith anxiety worrying about this.
I am 58.  Haven't had a period for 5 years.  Clear mammogram this year.  I had a breast reduction 30 years ago so my breasts don't always behave normally. 

The only time I've had sensitive or painful breasts was during PMT or pregnancy.

Having managed to weather the usual menopause symptoms over the years I thought I was pretty much over it all.

Now for the past week my breasts have been so painful and uncomfortable.

I had to see the Doctor about something else and mentioned this problem in passing.  He merely muttered that it was perfectly normal. (No examination)

But not for me!  I am so anxious about it.

Do our hormones continue to play up years later?

Hoping someone can explain to me that I'm being a stupid worry wart for nothing.

jgr

Re: Painful burning sensation in breasts
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 06:40:16 PM »

Hi there, i am going through exactly the same at the moment. Been post meno for nearly 4 years on hrt Evoril Conti patches and mine are awful at the moment. I use to get sore breasts before a period and off and on throughout the start of the menopause. It all started up again about 3 months ago getting really sore and achey, stopped for about 2 weeks and then returned. I do think it is menopause related, and things seem to crop up after we think we are through the worst of it.  :(

Beckybecks

Re: Painful burning sensation in breasts
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:12:05 PM »

Thanks so much for your reply.
I've read that taking starflower or evening primrose oil capsules might help so I'm going to try that.