Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Wee problem  (Read 5449 times)

bsc

Wee problem
« on: November 29, 2015, 10:45:46 PM »

Has anyone else suffered from not being able to completely empty their bladder? I have suffered for over a year. Some days are better than others but it is very frustrating and depressing. I have had physio for it and tried yoga. I now use distraction techniques every time I go to the loo in the hope it will help! Any advice please?

Pollie

Re: Wee problem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 07:33:10 AM »

Yes me !

I never fully empty my bladder. I had it checked with a camera and all was well and I never get infections so I just live with it. I have to squeeze quite hard at the end but unless I am not going to be able to get to a loo easily I don't squeeze too hard as I don't think its good for me.

It means I go frequently and can give a sample in an instant ...

No incontinence or anything (yet haha)

Pollie

Ps. If you get infections often you would need to have it all checked out.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:11:31 AM by Pollie »

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 08:15:10 AM »

I was asked if I was able to fully empty my bladder when examined re prolapse. Maybe a common symptom? Best check with your doctor. You might be able to improve things by getting an appointment with a physiotherapist on the correct way to do pelvic floor exercises. I for one have been doing them incorrectly.

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 10:28:47 AM »

Thank you for that comment, stellajane! I'm off to have a repair job done today! Though it's the back wall I'm having done, although I'm having problems with the front wall too. How old is your mum? My mum had a hysterectomy done at age 79.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 12:06:30 PM »

Is it advised to sit with feet up therefore tilting the pelvis back a bit  :-\ ………

Certainly it is known that standing rather than sitting is a 'better' way to open the bowels  :-\

bsc

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »

Thanks all for your comments. I have had a urethral dilation Op and a Urodynamic test done. The consultant seemed to think that although I was retaining some urine it wasn't enough to give me an infection. But when it first started I was treated for an infection and had 5 lots of antibiotics before I decided to draw a line under it and ask to be referred. I can't understand why I have been weeing normally for 50 years and now it is very hit and miss. I have been told it could be bladder/urethral atrophy caused by the menopause but the docs don't seem to know. It is definitely not caused by a prolapse.
Wish I could just wee normally. Anybody got any advice for distraction techniques. I find this is the only way to fully empty my bladder? :-\

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 09:17:36 PM »

Can you wee better in the shower/bath?  When the bladder is at a different angle?

Would your GP prescribe treatment for vaginal atrophy to see if that eases the problem?

bsc

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 09:24:08 PM »

Thank you all for your advice. I am on Ovestin cream which has definitely helped with intercourse. I am wondering whether it might help with the bladder problems in the long run. I can't use HRT tablets as I have an ovarian cyst but I know that Ovestin has hrt but is only directed specifically in one area. Am going to persevere with it and see how it goes.
Have tried to register/log in to the Bladder site but can't seem to get any joy. I can't get in. I have tried to go on one of their recommended sites but I can't get on that either!!!

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 12:54:02 PM »

Is there a continence nurse visiting your GP Surgery?

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 01:43:49 PM »

Hi bsc

:welcomemm:

I have to lean forward to completely empty my bladder - well I assume it's completely empty! I have a retroverted uterus and I suspect some minor degree of prolapse having had 4 children.

You don't have to register with the Bladder Matters site - it's here: http://www.bladdermatters.co.uk/index.php. However it doesn't seem to be maintained (re new information) as it hasn't been updated since Sept 2013 (eg no recent news) and the forum is not used. I am sure the information on there is all still valid though, but perhpas there might have been further developments in some treatments?

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 05:34:59 PM »

There  may be useful information here too https://www.bladderandbowelfoundation.org/

It's worth asking for a referral to a continence clinic. You don't have to have incontinence to be seen by them - they deal with all things bladder related. You will be assessed to try to determine what is the cause of your discomfort and then given advice as to how to deal with it.

Taz x  :welcomemm: