Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any members with coeliac disease  (Read 9441 times)

pj44

Re: Any members with coeliac disease
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 05:37:48 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I have had the endoscopy yesterday. I went to see the doctor I like hopeing he would say no I did not have to have test. But he said I did need it. I said how scared I was and he said he would write to hospital for me. My friend made me book hospital appointment so I did which was booked for 20th January that was just to see the consultant on gastroenterology.  then a week later letter arrived from hospital for endoscopy. So I thought just do it. But I can tell you I had 3 weeks of terror. Managed to go through with it yesterday with sedation and I'm so pleased I did it. All looked normal. They took 2 biopsys and I will know results when I go to appointment in January. I have been told to keep on eating gluten which I am doing, but i have cut it down. I have gluten free oats for breakfast and cakes gluten free.

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 05:52:04 PM »

Well done pj - I know how scared you were of having this done but you really do deserve one of these  :medal:

I'm glad that everything appears normal and let us know how you get on. 

Taz x  :)

pj44

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »

Hi taz thank you. I'm so relieved it's been done thank goodness for my doctor getting me an early appointment.

pj44

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 06:06:09 PM »

Sparkle thank you. Yes tea and biscuits were most welcome. I'll let you know when I have results from hospital appointment

Kathleen

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 06:15:46 PM »

Hello pj44.

Well done you for going ahead with the test and I'm so pleased everything looks okay.

Wishing you well and keep us updated.

Take care.

K.

honorsmum

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 10:08:35 PM »

I am so impressed by your courage!
My gastroenterologist wanted me to have an endoscopy, but the thought terrifies me (that, and having to have an MRI scan). My coeliac blood test was normal, so I guess that makes a difference.
I avoid obvious gluten, such as bread and pasta.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 01:44:22 PM »

My son was diagnosed with coeliac disease at the age of 16 months following a biopsy.
He is now a strapping healthy 29 year old, the diet is much easier than when he was diagnosed, Pizza Express restaurants even do GF bases.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 03:26:50 PM »

Failure to thrive,he weighed 13 lbs when he was diagnosed, he had bloods taken but back then(1988) you had to have a biopsy. It was awful as they wouldn't let me in room as they said it would be upsetting, but I could hear him crying down corridor and that was probably worse!

pj44

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 05:21:03 PM »

I wonder if things have changed now for children. Certainly for adults you still have to have endoscopy. I had a blood test that confirmed I was celiac. But I have had to have endoscopy for it to be truly diagnosed.  I do feel my health is getting worse. Went into doctors today and I was put on the call back list. Doctor has said for me not to eat gluten. I forgot to ask if I should start including gluten when I go to see gastroenterology appointment. As they might do another blood test.

pj44

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 07:57:19 PM »

Sparkle my appointment is not till the 20th January
Pages: 1 [2]