Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flushing at night  (Read 4288 times)

Liz

Re: Flushing at night
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »

Thanks, another night of sweating, but I've got a banging headache and bunged up head.  Still debating whether to use the gel though or hang fire and see if I get a "natural" period.  Not sure what to do for the best, to be honest.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 10:51:03 AM »

Liz
I do think you should just stay off everything for a few days and go to the GP to ask for blood tests or just go back on HRt properly. I suspect you are post meno now so you could just keep waiting and nothing happens.  After all, you have been on HRT for a while so you must have needed the HRT from the outset - you were probably well into peri meno when you started HRT.  If your oestrogen level comes back low then you know that you're into post meno and you need the HRT for, at least, a few more years - or even beyond 60 if needed. Even if you were to get a period it may feel be a one off - the fact you are getting such nasty flushes basically indicates that your body is screaming for oestrogen. I'm not sure why you have taken this break in the first place as you are still young and there shouldn't be any pressure to be without HRT anyway - why put yourself through all this hassle and stress? What do you gain by knowing you are now post meno?  DG x

Liz

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »

I actually have put on one dose after my shower.  I can't stand this sweating any longer..... I had a shower and then had a major flushing session, did the ironing and had another. 

Not sure if I'm post-meno.  I never actually missed a period, but the idea was just to take this break and see if I get one, but I agree with you, I could be waiting a long time and suffering.

Going to use another pump tonight and see if it stops the sweating (although I suspect it will take a while to do that after a break of over a month).

I think you're right, DG, I'm just going to go back on the HRT.  My sleep was never this bad whilst I was on it. Not sure if it's worth not using it just to see if my periods have stopped. 

Mary G

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 03:19:46 PM »

DG is right, there is no point whatsoever in suffering in this way, there is nothing to be gained by it.  You don't really need to know whether or not you are post menopause, I was by the time I was your age but many people are not until they are well into their 50s. 

You are very young and really need to make sure you get the oestrogen your body needs.  Well done for going back on the gel, you should be feeling back to normal very soon.

BrightLight

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 03:49:48 PM »

How frustrating that you were thwarted in the middle of your quest. If you can get a blood test quickly it might be worth it, to complete what you set out to do. Can you get into the Dr's tomorrow? If you have decided to fully restart the HRT maybe you can cope with another day and also get the info you wanted from the blood tests.

Liz

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 04:26:39 PM »

I rang my GP and spoke about a blood test (she is very meno-knowledgeable).  She said it would more than likely not be accurate anyway and thinks there is little point.  Anyway, have decided to try and split the dose (1 pump in the morning and 1 pump gel at night) in the hope that it may calm my night sweats a bit quicker.  I've only been off it just over a month so hopefully it will start working quite soon.

Mary G

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 04:54:32 PM »

Splitting the dose is a very good idea because it avoids the oestrogen dip you can get during the day.  I started doing this just over a month ago for different reasons to yourself.  I am intolerant to Utrogestan and severely intolerant all synthetic progestins and realised that I always get a silent migraine (migraine aura without headache) about 12 hours or more after taking the gel during the Utrogestan cycle.  Therefore, with the help of others on here, I decided to split the gel dose to one pump every 12 hours and so far so good, I have not had another migraine while on the Utrogestan part of HRT since doing this. 

Please let us know if you think the split dose makes a difference to your symptoms.

Liz

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »

That's great, Mary.  Will definitely keep you updated, am due to use another dose shortly and hoping for a better night's sleep tonight.  Just had a mega hot flush a little while ago and turned the heating off, now I'm cold!  :-\

Liz

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »

Update: re-started the gel yesterday (2 pumps) and slept much better last night.  Going to continue with 1 pump morning and 1 pump evening and see how I go.
Pages: 1 [2]