Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feeling optimistic 😊  (Read 2010 times)

Ljp

Feeling optimistic 😊
« on: December 12, 2015, 10:28:18 AM »

Hi,
Update, I know it's early but…
Hysteroscopy done Monday mirena coil fitted (took me by surprise, wasn't really expecting any HRT advice) had been using estriol cream since May and had a PMB end October albeit light.

Also had estring inserted to help with bladder.

Thursday started using one pump oestrogel in the morning, so today is only third day.
Not sure if it's just a good time at the moment, but I am feeling so much better in my head! Less anxious and paranoid, still getting hot at night, but didn't wake up drenched last night.
Morning back and hip pain is better too!

If I am honest, I do think I would feel happier using utrogestan rather than the coil, it is the only slight niggle in my head that I keep thinking about.
Not sure my GP. Would be happy to remove coil so soon though.
I just feel I good advice of gynae without reading up on all available options, and in hindsight, had I have known that progesterone was going to be suggested to prevent the effect the estriol cream was maybe having on my uterus, I would have looked more into options prior to my appointment.

But despite that, I am feeling better the last couple of days x

Dancinggirl

Re: Feeling optimistic 😊
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:58:57 AM »

Utrogestan doesn't suit everyone and I am still getting some spotting after 3 months of continual use - my gynae says I may have to double the dose if this continues so I may get more sedation which could be an issue.
Don't look for problems with the Mirena - it does suit many women very well(it is the preferred option of most gynaes) and is very convenient in many ways as you can simply adjust your Oestrogel use to what makes you feel good. I think after about 2 weeks you will really start to feel the benefits of the additional oestrogen.   DG x

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 12:48:13 PM »

Thanks DG, can't say I'm having any major problems with mirena just a dull ache ( a bit like period pains) now and again, but it's not been in a week yet, so guess that should settle?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 01:00:45 PM »

Glad you are feeling better Lisajp - long may it last :)

Hurdity x

Ljp

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 05:19:04 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I hope so too, just the dull ache to settle, and hopefully the night sweats will and brain fog will continue to improve.
The bladder is definitely settling too! I even managed over an hour post costa coffee without a mad dash to the ladies 😊😊

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 06:01:16 PM »

Lisajp, I agree with the others, why not leave the Mirena coil in for a while and see how you get on with it, the pain etc. will settle down.  If you are lucky enough to be able to tolerate it well then it is a better option than Utrogestan.  The Mirena is a synthetic progestin but it is mainly localised to the womb and does not have the same side effects or risks as oral progestins.  I am just unlikely to be severely intolerant to all synthetic progestins but that does not mean everyone else is and many people get on well with the Mirena.

The fact you are feeling so much better so quickly bodes very well.  I think you will notice how you slowly improve every day until you get back to normal - well near normal anyway!