Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: starting to panic! talk some sense into me please!  (Read 2922 times)

Jupiter

• First Flush
starting to panic! talk some sense into me please!
« on: December 13, 2015, 11:33:20 PM »

It's early days for me. At 48 I'm just starting to experience changes such as lighter/heavier periods, changes to cycle length, flushes, night sweats etc. All this I can cope with.
What is really starting to scare me is this: My last period started on the 1st December and lasted four days and was a little lighter than of late. Prior to this I had quite severe breast pain for a few days. This is something that happens on and off so nothing worried me there. However, since my period finished on 4th December I have still have the breast pain and it's showing no signs of easing off. I keep getting myself into a state of worry that it is breast cancer because I can't understand why it hasn't gone away. Normally it eases off as soon as my period starts. Help!  :'(

Ljp

Re: starting to panic! talk some sense into me please!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 08:42:36 AM »

Hi Jupiter, I too suffered breast pain during peri, if your period was light it may just be your hormone levels haven't settled yet.
It's a roller coaster ride of symptoms and ups and downs xx

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:00:57 AM »

I've always had breast pain linked to my cycle and it became more erratic and long-lasting once peri started.  If that is your only symptom (i.e. no changes in shape, discharge, lumps etc), I wouldn't worry, just keep an eye on it and go to your GP if it continues or you can't stop worrying!

Galadriel

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:24:54 AM »

I've always had breast pain linked to my cycles - always 14 days before a period. Since peri started, I know if I'm going to skip a period if my boobs don't hurt around the time they should. Sometimes, like my last two cycles, they came so close together, I had boob pain up to the first one, a day's break, then another 14 days of boob pain and an earlier than expected bleed.

Like Dorothy says, if it's your only breast symptom then it really is likely to be ruddy hormones, but see your GP if it worries you. My breast surgeon (I get cysts) recommends 10000mg starflower daily for pain. I've been on this for years and it really helps.

Galadriel x

Jupiter

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »

Thanks everyone, your support and advice really helps x

Annika

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 01:20:02 AM »

Have to agree I suffered with breast pains throughout my period and it seemed to get worse if I had too much salt or sugar in my diet..i have no idea why but there you go. It got so bad around that time of the month that it was hard to sleep on my side. Did you have a mammogram recently? Otherwise it sounds like hormones.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)