Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Update and question  (Read 1724 times)

pepperminty

Update and question
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:31:01 PM »

Hi ladies,

I have been on Femoston 1/10 for a few months now and my body has now settled down on it. my periods are lasting 4 days and are really light which is great. I get the occasional spots, but that is a small price to pay. I feel that when I was taking an extra half a tablet daily, the dosage was better for me , but a move onto Femosten 2/10 ( double the dose) gave me all sorts of nasty symptoms. Funny how just a small amount can create such a big reaction.
 I am still getting tired though and really have to pace myself. And also I still get achy which went on the slightly increased dosage.
Anyway, I was told by the meno nurse, whom I am seeing next week, not to increase my dose and see what happens. I have done this and still feel I need the extra half a tablet. But Not the double dose. This is because I had a bit more energy when taking the extra half.
I do not want to change the type of HRt as I don't want to go through the getting used to a new type of HRT regime again.

Which brings me onto thinking that how long can I stay on the tablets for? Do you have to go on patches when you reach a certain age?

Peppermintyxx

Hurdity

Re: Update and question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:51:47 PM »

Are you able to take one and a half tablets ie do they split well - or could you ask for some 1 mg oestrogen only tabletys which you could then split in two (seeing as the progestogen dose for Femoston 1/10 is the same as for 2/10?

re your other questions - there are no hard and fast rules! I can't remember how old you are but once you reach 60 and if you want to stay on HRT docs would be happier for women to be on transdermal HRT as it seems to be associated with fewer risks, but I'm sure there are plenty of women still on tablets over 60. If you are nowhere near 60 and this preparation is suiting you then why not stay on it?

Hurdity x

pepperminty

Re: Update and question
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 09:57:34 AM »

Hi ,

Thanks Hurdity, I am 48 so no need to consider changing yet then! I can split the oestrogen only bit on half a spate pack and use it , but that wastes the other half of the pack with the mixture of progesterone and oestrogen.

I think I will have to start doing that again. I have noticed that I do not feel so great after the first week of the new pack , and going into the second week. Very achy and head achy especially in the morning, like I have run a marathon the day before. I don't know whether it is a blip or what it is. Due to circumstances in my life at the moment I cannot take the risk of changing anything for fear of not being able to function , so therefore just upping the dose by half a tablet is the only option I have again. Luckily my Gp prescribes me 2 packets ( 6 months worth )so I can do that. I am feeling so rough this morning which makes me feel low , so I will not make any decisions until I feel more like myself.

I suppose as said before this is the perils of the peri menopause - your hormones are up and down like a pair of cheap knickers,

Peppermintyxx