Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: IBS- foods that irritate  (Read 9878 times)

Louisa

IBS- foods that irritate
« on: December 10, 2015, 07:37:40 AM »

I occasionally suffer with IBS.  I ate quiet a few crisps the other day and now I'm paying for it.  Do crisps affect anyone else on here and what is in crisps to cause this?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:44:15 AM by Louisa »

Claireylou

Re: IBS- foods that irritate
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 07:47:05 AM »

Hi Louisa. I too suffer with ibs-c. I ate a bag of crisps yesterday and, oh boy, last night my poor tum was in knots. I've noticed this many times before too. I'm not sure what causes this with crisps I'm afraid but I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows  :)

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 07:53:49 AM »

How odd. I had a packet of crisps yesterday, I'd forgotten my packed lunch. ::)

It was a bag of cheese and onion crisps. About half an hour later I felt queasy.  :-\ They were (up till yesterday) my favourite flavour. Oh well, no more crisps for me :(

Galadriel x

Louisa

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:55:17 AM »

Hi Louisa. I too suffer with ibs-c. I ate a bag of crisps yesterday and, oh boy, last night my poor tum was in knots. I've noticed this many times before too. I'm not sure what causes this with crisps I'm afraid but I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows  :)

:thankyou: Claireylou, I am relieved that is not just me or my imagination but sorry you suffer with it too.  :hug: and you too Galadriel.
I've just looked at the ingredients and in the chicken and thyme ones they have milk and sugar!  Also produced in a factory which also has wheat, gluten, dairy, soya and sugar etc.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:57:52 AM by Louisa »

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 08:01:06 AM »

Thanks Louisa. Mine were cheese and onion too! I felt queasy with my tum in knots all evening. I'm the same if I eat too many biscuits. My one huge downfall is good black coffee. Again, if I have too many cups it puts my tum in knots. Sorry to hear you've experienced the same Galadriel xxx

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 11:37:34 AM »

It's the additives. I only eat plain crisps. Always check the label. You'd be amazed what ingredients are used in flavoured crisps, etc.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »

;D no!

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 02:09:12 PM »

Hi I have IBS(d) too. It is usually the fat content in crisps which causes upset. Food I also have to avoid if I don't want to be stuck to the loo for a few hours the next morning are celery, beetroot, bananas (surprisingly!) peas, beans and potato in too large quantities. I also have a sensitivity to soya in all forms but can cope with a small amount of bread each day.

Taz x

Galadriel

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »

I've only recently begun to notice sensitivity to certain foods - it seems to be increasing the further along this peri journey I go  :(

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »

I developed lactose problems after ovaries were removed. Could be coincidence. Yesterday it was a cup of coffee which upset my tum. Seldom drink fresh coffee out, but I felt really queasy about an hour after. Couldn't eat my tea. By bedtime it had passed, after several trips to the loo.

I eat mainly plain crisps nowadays. Only flavoured which I tolerate are the popular ones in tubes.  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »

I can't eat Pringles - well I can but I know that I will suffer afterwards. It's the reconstituted potato I think! I'm often tempted though - oh me of little resistance  ;D

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 06:41:13 PM »

Apparently my niece has similar intolerances to me & she's only in her mid 30s. We both have a lactose problem. I used to be intolerant to peppers, courgettes & aubergines, so is she. Neither of us can tolerate sauvignon very well.

Louisa

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 06:50:30 AM »

Read this ladies !  And it's not just the USA it's here too.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/real-reason-for-toxic-wheat-its-not-gluten/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:53:35 AM by Louisa »

Claireylou

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 07:58:59 AM »

Oh my goodness Louisa that is very interesting, thank you. These days I get tummy cramps after too much bread, potatoes, peas, tomatoes. And just a small handful of crisps will set me off. Raisins and sultanas are a huge no no too.
It's all very confuddling   :o

Briony

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »

Really useful thread - thank you. Very newly diagnosed with IBS - C and just starting to experiment with foods. Have also bought some pro biotics that someone recommended. Has anyone had any luck with them?
B x
Pages: [1] 2