Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: sense of smell  (Read 6960 times)

dolly64

sense of smell
« on: December 10, 2015, 09:44:22 AM »

HI,im dolly64 and im 51.only joined a few days ago.like so many of you im going through problems ,seemingly mine to do with peri..I am interested to know if anyone has experienced problems with their sense of smell.
I started getting episodes of strange smells,that seemed to lodge up my nose ,fair few years ago,also started getting affected by strong smells,like perfumes ect,gave headaches,as well as affected smell.now I am experiencing it more often than not,i cant wear perfumes,deoderants,other peoples can make me feel ill.am I just weird or does anybody have anything similar.thanks for your time if you read this.
dolly64.

Hurdity

Re: sense of smell
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:58:51 PM »

Hi dolly64 - I haven't experienced the problems that you have ie heightened sense of smell and strange smells but I have noticed I am losing my sense of smell (and taste) - not completely lost, but it has definitely lessened. I mentioned to the doc and they don't seem bothered at all but I'm not happy with the fact that it is going as I am only 62 so don't want to lose it completely and haven't been given an explanation! Sorry that's probably not much help and it must be frustrating that smells can make you feel ill. Maybe as you are peri-menopausal it's a bit like pregnancy - the extremes of hormones can make this happen in the same way as food cravings, and feeling sick during early pregnancy? Only a thought and may be completely wrong!

Hurdity x

dolly64

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 06:30:45 PM »

Hi Hurdity,thanks for reply,my taste buds get affected to,like you say we can have similar things when pregnant so I guess hormones playing up can affect us at other times.will mention to dr next time,see what she thinks,i did once before but got no real answer,it didn't get so bad then.

Hi sparkle,funnily enough I seem to have a bit of a migrainy headache just come on,and the smell thing been bad last couple of days.although I get it on ,off a lot and not always with a headache.Do you ever get like the smell of something gets stuck up your nose and stays alday,or for hours at a time.sometimes makes me feel sick and nothing shifts it.

dolly64.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 06:48:36 PM »

When I took the Contraceptive Pill I could smell garbage, it was when I stopped taking it that I could smell the roses.  HORMONES  >:(  ::)

dolly64

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 09:59:30 AM »

Blooming hormones have got so much to answer for.I only seem to get migrainy around period time,seems to appear at the end now,used to be before,so somethings definitely changing I think.comforting to know im not alone with the sense of smell ect.
dolly64.