Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New to hrt patch  (Read 1711 times)

tiredmum

New to hrt patch
« on: December 17, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »

Just 2weeks in and I'm sleeping better.I'm on evorel sequi only half a patch and its definitely helping- flushes are less and much less night sweats.hoping this lasts not sure if I need a whole patch 50mcg if half is working'didn't think half would have much effect but it dos seem effective.next week I go onto the evorel conti for 2 weeks fingers crossed this will continue.this is my 4th attempt at hrt and I hope I've found something that suits me. 8) 8)

donnacrichton

Re: New to hrt patch
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 07:10:15 PM »

Seeking from experience don't up it too quick. I have made this mistake many times and it's more difficult to decrease it. Hope you've found what helps x

Hurdity

Re: New to hrt patch
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 08:04:45 PM »

Hi tiredmum

Glad you are feeling better - little bit by little bit eh?! Depends where you are in menopause and how responsive you are, and how old, as to whether you want to oor should increase, but you may be just fine - as donnacrichton says though - get your body accustomed to this dose first and see how you get on.

I did go straight onto 50 mcg patch when I was in late peri and thrived on it (still on it 8 + years later!) - but we don't all react in the same way so wise to be cautious initially if you are feeling OK

Hurdity x :)