Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question(s) about utrogestan  (Read 8573 times)

Briony

Re: Question(s) about utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 06:07:50 PM »

Sorry Nina - what is it that you do?! I was just trying to answer Briony's question but not intending to be alarmist - in fact the contrary I hope!!

Hurdity x

Thanks Hurdity. You have confirmed what I was hoping to be the case.
Nina, was it something I said? (I'm the one who referred to spotting). Apologies if I inadvertently upset you - that's genuinely the last thing I intended :-[

Nina

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »

No no no not at all - I was just referring to the question can you take too much progesterone.  I hope that I don't take too much by taking it every day  :o

Briony

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 11:59:26 AM »

Thinking about it logically, people take the Mirena and progesterone only pill, so we should be fine. My worry was more down to the fact I was concerned I wouldn't be getting enough (taking just 100mg, not 200) even though it would be for 25 days rather than 12. I asked this mainly because I would be taking a higher amount of estrogen than a lot of people (100mcg, perhaps more) yet the progesterone dose stays the same.    :-\

Nina, what form of estrogen do you take with the Utro? What made you opt for 25 days rather than 12? Was it the same as me - how you felt when you stopped the 12 days of 200mg? Do you get much spotting?

Nina

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 01:03:49 PM »

Which preparation - cyclical or continuous systemic or local?
Women should be prescribed sequential combined HRT if:
their last menstrual period was less than one year ago.
Women can be prescribed continuous combined HRT if:
they have received sequential combined HRT for at least one year; or
it has been at least one year since their last menstrual period; or
it has been at least two years since their last menstrual period if they had a premature menopause.

I basically printed the above from the patient.co.uk website and said I'm changing to 1-25.  He said okay and that was that!

They are very open to patient research and proactiveness sp? So it was not a problem. So I think that as it doesn't cause me problems it is okay. It's just that when I see the worrying on here it wobbles me a little I guess.

I in fact take it every day with no break shhhhh. Even the 3 days drag me down a little, and anyway, conti patches don't have a break.

Sorry am rushing a bit at work!

So, no no spotting apart from one bleed at the beginning of conti. No booby issues. No mood swings. I do have to get up once a night for the loo though! Dreams a bit weird but used to them now.

Am 43 and use estradot 100. I did experiment with snipping a bit to 75 however my palps came back.

Got to go back to work sorry if typos!

Briony

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »

Thanks Nina. I could have written your post - I too am 43, basically told my GP what I wanted after lots of research (even though I dont even fit into the categories above for continuous as I was on the pill, not hrt) and am generally convinced it's the best thing for me ... til I read the occasional post on here!  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]