Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: hrt and smoking  (Read 2602 times)

elainewin

hrt and smoking
« on: December 06, 2015, 07:41:50 PM »

Hello out there i have just recently quit smoking only been about 7 days , but ive already noticed a massive change in the way i feel.
I didnt realise that smoking interacts with hrt pill form and my dr didnt mention anything either.
now i know im bound to feel better without cigs with or without hrt , but i just want to pass on to anyone who is thinking of giving up it really makes you feel better pus i now feel hrt is working for me ,was only a week ago i felt so ill and ready to pack in the hrt im so glad i choose the cigs...anybody else had the same experiences . ::) 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: hrt and smoking
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:20:36 PM »

:medal:  don't beat yourself up if you find yourself having '1 more ciggie'  ;)

Apparently once 1 stops smoking the body begins to heal from the outside in ………

elainewin

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 09:28:21 PM »

yes im just taking one day at a time ,but feeling more positive about everything,feeling so much better after a long time of mood swings insomnia, nightsweats.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 09:33:01 PM »

Is this will power or have you been advised on how to give up?  What do you do at the times when you would light up, as sometimes it's the habit surrounding the ciggie that some fine hard to give up.  A Consultant I worked with many years ago told patients wanting to give up that if they weren't waking in the night for a smoke that they were addicted to the habit rather than the nicotine ;-).

elainewin

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 10:16:36 PM »

hi CLKD im using an e.pen just to help me through,its not easy but i i am 55 now and need to give up, and yes i went to dr a week ago as i had a lump feeling in my throat when i swallow, ive got an emergency appointment next thursday with ent at the hospital.
but i am on pump inhibitors for over producing acid ,,,and since taking HRT climagest feel it has made it worse , so logical thing was to do is give up smoking and to be honest my acid and throat feels much better ,  was thinking of asking doctor to go on patches as these are kinder to the stomach ,but ive oly been on climagest 6wks so might have to wait till the 3mths are up ,,might ask hospital thursday if i should change ,  always got a gnawing feeling in my stomach as if im really hungry,might be normal but not sure .