Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot 50 patches  (Read 12361 times)

Jennifer3318

Estradot 50 patches
« on: December 04, 2015, 09:36:07 PM »

Hello, my GP has prescribed me Estradot 50 mcg patches, however, when I went to the chemist to collect them I was told they are currently out of stock and the manufacturer does not know when they will have more. 

It was suggested that maybe I could use 2 of the 25 mcg ones if they could get these, but not sure if anyone does this?

If the Estradot 50 mcg does not come back into stock is there another patch that is similar that I could try?  I am going to take it with provera progesterone.

Thanks. X

Dancinggirl

Re: Estradot 50 patches
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 03:57:19 PM »

Jennifer3318 - There is no reason why you can't use 2x25mg patches for the time being or you could ask your GP to give you a prescription of Oestrogel instead - the only thing is you have to apply this once a day to inner thighs and allow it to dry for a few minutes - I have used this for many years as you can adjust the dosage according to your needs. You can start with just one pump per day for the first 2-4 weeks and then increase to 2pumps per day if your symptoms are not under control.  Provera seems to suit many women very well - are you using it continuously or sequentially? DG x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 05:00:13 PM »

Not sure what the problem is with Estradot 50. I used to have similar problems, ended up going round various pharmacies to find one which still had stock. 2x25 will be fine, if you can get them. I've just had to wait for mine, but pharmacy managed to get them from somewhere.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »

The other patches are much bigger so definitely 2 x 25 mcg Estradot would be better than going for another one like Evorel which are very big.

Hurdity x

Jennifer3318

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 10:16:22 AM »

Thanks for replying. If I can't get the 50 I will go with the two 25's. Do you think I should start with just 25 or go straight in with the 50?

I'm going to be taking it continuously with the provera. X

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 11:00:56 PM »

It's up to you - when I was first prescribed HRT it was 50 mcg dose and I just stuck it on and have never looked back (apart from odd blips where I came off briefly or altered the dose). How about just going for it?!

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Jennifer3318

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 03:07:01 PM »

Thanks Hurdity

been back to the chemist and no 50's or 25's available and the manufacturer does not know if or when will be available. So, does anyone know of a similar oestragen only patch that is similar?

Finally decided to try a patch and now cant get one!!

Any suggestions please. X

Winterose

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 03:12:07 PM »

I always struggled to get the Estradot 75 so take the 100 and cut a bit off - for the last 2 years had no issues getting the 100 , not quite as simple but they are such neat little patches,

Jennifer3318

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »

Apparently there are none of the patches available. The pharmacist spoke to them again today and there are none available.

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 06:37:28 PM »

Have you tried other pharmacies? I had to go round a few one time to get mine. My local supermarket pharmacy managed to get more 25mg ones last week for me.

Pollie

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 07:06:53 PM »

Hi Jennifer

I did a little mini survey some time ago on this forum and Estradot and Evorel came out tops for 'stickability'.

I chose estradot but would happily swap to evorel if I needed to .

They all contain Estradiol as far as I am aware these days, so it is size and adhesive that differentiates them.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/7235

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/15649

HTH

pollie