Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet 1mg Should I Stop  (Read 5629 times)

Jube

Elleste Duet 1mg Should I Stop
« on: December 08, 2015, 09:59:15 PM »

Started taking Elleste duet 1mg 4 weeks ago - on 4th tablet of second pack. Have stomach cramp, headache, body ache, and that horrible PMT feeling. Have been having stomach pains nearly every day since starting elleste. Can cope with those but the PMT feeling is awful and I don't know if it would be better to stop taking - if I do stop I might not have to feel like this again!!! Since taking elleste the one good thing is my sex drive has returned - if I stopped would that disappear again???
I'm 50. Stopped taking Gedarel November 2014, blood tests in December last year showed high fsh (?) levels. Only a couple of periods since - the last one in August. Going to see my GP on Friday for a review, Just wondered what your views are? Give up or carry on?

dazned

Re: Elleste Duet 1mg Should I Stop
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:48:04 AM »

Hi ,I think that you need to do at least another cycle ,have you started your bleed yet ,hopefully the cramps should then stop. As a general rule it takes a good few months for your body to settle . So fingers crossed you see some improvements soon.

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 08:02:24 AM »

Hi Jube
I don't think 4 weeks is long enough for you to feel the benefits. Try to give it a bit longer if you can. Most side effects do get better with time. I've had around 8 different regimes of HRT over the last 3 years. I am starting to feel better so it's worth persevering, only you know how you feel so ultimately you have to make the decision. Personally I think you need to give it a little longer and if you're still not happy then change to something else. Many women have to swap and change to find what suits them best.
Good luck
Shellb
xXx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 08:09:05 AM »

I agree with dazned and Shellb. If you can put up with these symptoms for the recommended three months then this would be the best way to go. If you are then still feeling horrible on this particular HRT there are others you can try. It's usually, but not always, the progesterone element of the HRT which causes PMT type symptoms, anxiety etc. It's worth having a look at the different ones which should be listed under the drop-down menu at the top of the page.

It's brilliant that your sex drive has returned so quickly as this can often take quite a few months - HRT did nothing for mine. If it is a consequence of taking Elleste then I would think that, yes, it would disappear again once you stop. It could just be coincidence though. Enjoy it!

Taz x  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 05:11:16 PM »

Just to add also that you would expect some pmt anyway after swapping from the combi tabs to the new pack - because it is like what happens in our natural cycle just before the bleed. It could just be the progesterone withdrawal making you feel like this if it only happened when you changed over packs? Once you've had your bleed these particular effects should settle and as the others have said the side effects from taking the HRT generally might take a little longer.

Hurdity x

Jube

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »

Thank you ladies for the replies and words of wisdom. It's so good to be able to ask anything and people care enough to reply - thank you. I think I will persevere a bit longer!! :)

elainewin

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:28:51 PM »

Hi Jube I too was having problems 5ks into hrt climagest 1mg which i believe the is much the same as elleste, but im now into week seven and must say i feel so much better still room for improvement but do stick with as i will do ...best of luck  :D

LeeJane

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 09:30:29 PM »

I started on Elleste Duet 1mg.  Am about 6 weeks in.  Feel very much better.  Back to my old self. 

I think it took about 5 weeks to feel well.  I had a bleed that lasted about 3 days and I think that was when I noticed feeling well again.