Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Progesterone intolerance-Daughter  (Read 2052 times)

Chi chi

Progesterone intolerance-Daughter
« on: December 01, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »

I've been told that I'm progesterone intolerant, would this mean that my daughters are most likely intolerant too?
My youngest is on a prog only pill due to heavy prolonged bleeding, she now very rarely has a bleed. She says that she constantly feels ill? Headaches, feeling weak/dizzy, always tired and cold  :-\ she's def her mothers daughter  ???
Do you think it could be the pill? I've said to her to come off it and go back on the combined (she was put on thus first but didn't stick to it and give it time to settle) to see if anything improves, she's not too keen as she likes not having to deal with the bleeding but I said she needs to weigh up wether it's worth feeling crap for 1 week a month or carry on how she is now?
Just wondering how likely it is that if I'm intolerant my girls will be?
Thanks  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Progesterone intolerance-Daughter
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 03:37:34 PM »

It really depends on why your daughter has been prescribed The Pill.  Heavy bleeding needs to be investigated and can be dealt with surgically rather than filling the body with chemicals.  I suppose she has had the various tests?

She really needs to have a bleed ……….. as inconvenient as it might be!  I HATED my periods due to clots, intense pain, 10 days on 10 days off  :-\

When did your daughter last have a thyroid function test?

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »

She was put on the pill due to her periods lasting up to 3 weeks, she'd stop for a week or 2 then she'd be back on again, very erratic! Also they thought it might be affecting her mood.
She had a full blood test to check for anemia etc and I presume her thyroid was checked? Anyway all came back normal.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 07:13:13 PM »

Long term bleeding isn't 'normal' though   ?  was she offered a D&C?

Moods come with the territory  ::) - I remember being ratty  :-X

I asked for The Pill due to intolerable painful periods which would last 10 days then stop then start again.  It make me 'regular' and got rid of the pain.  No talk of blood tests etc. in 'those' days though  ::)

Tired and cold could be thyroid related.  Or not eating correctly!  Not enough fats to keep the body ticking over ……….

peri

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:06:14 PM »

Hi Chi Chi I think there is something in that.  My daughter tried the contraceptive implant which is progesterone and suffered low mood for the whole of the 3 years it lasted, we didn't make the connection until she had it removed and instantly felt better.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »

That's reminded me: when I took the Contraceptive Pill from the mid-1970s I lost my sense of smell for all things except garbage  >:( and didn't realise until about 3 weeks after I had stopped taking it.  I could smell the roses again  :-*

Chi chi

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 05:26:10 PM »

CLkD no D&C offered plus she's only 15  :o
Peri, i feel awful when I'm on prog  :-\