Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New newbie!  (Read 2199 times)

JackieS

New newbie!
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »

Hi everyone. I introduced myself on here several months ago but basically have just been living with my Menopause symptoms ever since. However, everything has got much worse. I am having countless hot flushes, which are preceded by mini panic attacks. I feel very 'out of it' a lot of the time. My memory is awful, and I am getting urinary tract infections which are needing 3 lots of Antibiotics to cure. I have booked a Doctors appointment for Friday but am worried I will get fobbed off. My main concern is that HRT could cause my Migraines to return. Also when I was on the pill years ago, it caused awful sinus congestion and catarrh. Can anyone suggest the best type of hrt to ask for? I am guessing my Doctor will just recomend the cheapest option! Many thanks.

Dancinggirl

Re: New newbie!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »

Hi JackieS
I believe that the patches are better if you suffer from Migraines.  I am using Oestrogel with Utrogestan which are all bio identical and I have been getting far fewer headaches.  You may also find a Mirena with Oestrogel or an oestrogen patch could be a good option for you. You could try Femoston 1/10 pills as this has a kinder progesterone and many women do well on this but I'm afraid it is trial and error. Dg x

JackieS

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »

Hello, I hope someone can advise me, as I have now started Evorel Conti patches,literally yesterday!  My joints (mainly knees and hips) have been quite sore and getting worse for several months now.  However,since I put on the patch, the pain has got a great deal worse,to the point where I have had to take painkillers.  I see in the leaflet for the patches that this is one of the side effects,but it doesn't say whether this will improve or if I should take off the patch.  I am quite worried, as they don't tell you the cause of this pain.  Please, anyone who can give me any info I would be really grateful.  Thanks

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »

Hello JackieS and welcome to the forum.

I know how frustrating this HRT business can be especially if you have  concerns about making problems worse.

I am also using Evorel Conti patches and  was disheartened to read the long list of side effects but I consoled myself with the thought that this proves that hormones have a huge impact on so many bodily functions.

The general advice is to stick with a treatment for at least three months to give side effects time to settle and to begin to feel the full benefit and I think I'm right in saying that patches are best for migraine sufferers.

Everything you've mentioned in your posts is very common during the menopause and I'm sure other ladies will be along to give you the benefit of their experience. This is a very worrying time in our lives and menopause anxiety doesn't help but you are not alone in your struggle and I wish you well.

Take care and keep posting.

K.