Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Swelling  (Read 6507 times)

mollie2

Swelling
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:55:52 AM »

Does anyone get swelling when using vagifem or actigel? Im so fed up , I feel more like a man than a woman 😫

ancient runner

Re: Swelling
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 12:06:23 PM »

Mollie, it could be your tissues saying "woo hoo! Oestrogen!!!" and plumping up in response. I assume you're on the loading dose currently? It will all calm down again - you're not growing a pair.  ;D Promise.

mollie2

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 12:14:35 PM »

I have use actigel for two nights, no vagifem for a short while, Night before last and yesterday no issues and thought finally im getting better,, Actigel last night and feels like a bloke, not happy, Dont jnow what i can or should do, Doctors have been more than useless to say the least x

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »

I had swelling of V lips using estriol internally , which totally freaked me out , haven't inserted it since but used it only externally . :'(

ancient runner

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »

I find the actigel stings like mad if I'm oestrogen deficient in that area. Maybe knock that on the head and just use the vagifem for a while.
Years ago I had a weird, huge, painful swelling in that area - not Bartholins though - could hardly walk and that was like growing a pair. The GP was mystified. I wonder now if it was early VA or similar.
Hope you feel better soon.

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 05:56:53 PM »

I used Ovestin 1mg cream and it didn't agree with me at all.  I ended up with a swollen vulva, period like cramps and then to top it all, an infection.  The gynaecologist said that topical HRT does not agree with everyone and I have had problems since 1988 with sensitivity caused by a gel/diaphragm so I have to be more careful that some.  I now use Replens instead which I find much better although it still puffs you out a bit down there. 

I roared at the "growing a pair" comment!!!

mollie2

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »

So fed up, If I dont use vagifem I'm sore and a bit swollen and if i do use it I'm the same,, Even with actigel,, Im more like Arthur not Martha  >:( >:( >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »

Cliteral swelling?

mollie2

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 05:29:29 PM »

All around really 😫

mollie2

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 05:31:45 PM »

And nerve pain x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »

:hug:

hellen

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 04:15:20 AM »

Hi, you could try just vagifem for a while...  not sure how long you have used it for... or how many you are using a week. but i guess you could ask if you could increase the dose.. im not sure but think actigel and vagifem work in similiar ways, that they cling to he vaginal walls, perhaps there working against each other...

mollie2

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 06:08:28 AM »

Tried both at different times, banging my head against a brick wall

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »

Actigel and Vagifem do not do exactly the same job. Vagifem is an estradiol tablet which adheres to the vaginal walls slowly releasing the oestrogen which acts on the vaginal tissues to plump them up etc. I think it also acts to change the ph (acidity) of the vaginal secretions (sorry haven't read up on this recently). I haven't used Actigel but looks like a gel (hopefully someone else who uses both will be able to respond) so doesn't adhere anywhere - and as it doesn't contain estradiol cannot do the same job - but the leaflet says it does change the ph of tissues and supports their repair (which oestrogen will help with).

Neither instruction leaflet indicates that they would interfere with each other though I imagine one might use the gel on days when not using Vagifem? Looks like a great product - and might try some myself as have had some itching....

Hope you're feeling more comfortable mollie2...

Hurdity x

Pollie

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 07:10:24 PM »

Mollie

depending on what symptoms you are trying to treat you could ask GP for Estriol cream. It is oestrogen but weaker than Vagifem and Ovestin.

May suit you better ?

Pollie