Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PMT Irrational Thinking and Axiety  (Read 6226 times)

Spangles

PMT Irrational Thinking and Axiety
« on: November 29, 2015, 12:20:46 PM »

Hi
Does anyone experience heightened anxiety and irrational thinking during times of PMT?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: PMT Irrational Thinking and Axiety
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »

I used to when regularly menstruating.  The night before a bleed began, even if I wasn't due for a period, I would weep buckets ………

I had pmt for years ………. sudden anxiety surges with associated intense nausea - I had to know where every shop waste bucket /drain was when out shopping.  I had to suddenly ask for a loo in a Chemists shop because I really thought …..

When 'low' for what ever reason in the early hours issues I can't alter flood in  :'(  :-\

Do you get any relief?

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »

Hi CLKD
I'm afraid I very rarely cry, even if it's really bad, I've been on AD's for a number of years, so the only time I get tears is when I'm really poorly. I wish I could just cry as I'm sure I would get some relief from it.
I just hope MH issues calm down after meno.
Thank you
Shellb
xXx

Trufflecat

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 01:32:59 PM »

Yes. Plus quite ocd ish (I don't mean cleaning a lot) and very anxious, snappy, emotional, clumsy, difficulty in concentrating, difficulty in driving.

peri

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 02:51:27 PM »

Hi Shellb, yes all of that + just feel like crying all the time (although I don't). Personally I'm fed up of having periods for this reason as it just takes too much out of me, can't wait f them to stop!x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »

I haven't had a Very Good Cry for years - and can't when watching any awards ceremony etc. if Himself is sitting here

Briony

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 03:27:00 PM »

This is why the PMS society recommends suppressing ovulation. First line of treatment is a pill like Yaz, or else 100mcg patch with separate progesterone. If you google 'PMS Nick Panay' you will find lots of helpful info x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 03:31:46 PM »

That's a different organisation to NAPS? which is where I got my helpful information.

Briony

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 03:44:18 PM »

I meant NAPS but couldn't remember its name, CKLD  ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 04:20:33 PM »

I used to become very angry and argumentative. I was calm and reasonable the rest of the month. I was capable of being violent, which is frightening.

Before taking the pill, I had a lot of pain on the onset of a period....on the level of labour pains. I was told I was a drama queen by my mother, until she witnessed it happening, then she rushed me to the nearest hospital. Unfortunately it was a chest hospital! Still a lovely nurse advised me how to manage hyperventilating, reassured me and sorted my mum out.

Spangles

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 06:27:31 PM »

Thanks ladies,
I just seem to have had a horrid time for the last 3 years since my peri was diagnosed, I do hope that one day we will all feel better. As for suppressing the PMT, won't it still be there once you stop suppressing it?
I will have a look at NAPS though.
Thank you
Shellb
xXx

peri

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »

Will do thanks Briony.  Although as I am on hrt patches I'm not necessarily ovulating am I just having a bleed due to taking/withdrawal of/hormones? Is it the bleed that causes the anxiety/trauma?

Sorry Shellb don't mean to hijack your thread but think this may be relevant to you too.

Poor you CLKD crying is a release x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »

Up until perimenopause my PMS always followed the same pattern. Irrational bad temper, irritability, gorging on chocolate, tearfulness and feeling like I was about to shatter into a thousand pieces. Boobs would be swollen and achy and stomach bloated. Then the minute my period began I would feel it all seep away, I would get a short but sharp headache, bit of diarrhoea then would feel as right as rain again.

Since Perimenopause my PMS started the moment ovulation ended. No more irritability or bad temper. Instead a very low mood, feeling life was pointless and a deadening of any enjoyment in anything. It lasted right through until about day 5-6 of my cycle, so some months I only had about 7-10 days of normality. But I stopped havung the bloating or painful boobs. In contrast, when I ovulated I felt almost stoned and felt excessively chilled out and blissful for a day or two.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 07:03:29 PM »

PMS is a real problem.  In the 1990s a lady in Northants was jailed after killing her mother during a PMS rage.  Dr Kath went to Court on her behalf to explain how hormones can cause such rages.

Spangles

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 07:24:38 PM »

That's awfull.
My problem is anxiety kicks in followed by thoughts, I've been flushing on and off all day and feel nauseous and loss of appetite, feeling generally crap!
I have been really irritable though and I don't usually get this but I'm half way through my twelve days of prog, so come on bleed bring it on so I can have a good few days.
xXx
Pages: [1] 2