Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hallucinating on Utrogestan and Sandrena gel  (Read 10887 times)

meno lesley

Re: Hallucinating on Utrogestan and Sandrena gel
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 10:11:15 PM »

Stellajane

You mentioned about the weird head taking Utrogestan orally and was wondering if it felt like you were looking at everything through a fog? I've been on Utrogestan for quite a while but have struggled constantly with strange head with dry eyes that sometimes lifts in the day and sometimes doesn't - it makes me very tearful and out of control.

Many thanks

Lesley x

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 08:50:54 AM »

Hi meno lesley

Yes to the fog! I'm OK for the first few days - apart from tiredenss/exhaustion as it builds up and especially in the mornings but yes I get foggy heads at some point, and feel generally lethargic - even using it vaginally. When I've stopped and it has cleared my system and I've had the bleed, I'm back to my usual energetic self (well as much as can be expected anyway!), thankfully! There is no way I could take it continuously - even though it means I have to have a bleed - and that is the penalty we (those who don't tolerate it well or feel rough on it) have to pay for taking bio-identical progesterone (ie body-identical).

Hurdity x

meno lesley

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 09:20:02 AM »

Hi Hurdity and Stellajane

Thank you for your replies.  I have tried using it vaginally but don't think it works as usually start to bleed and I have tried every other progesterone going but struggle on all but need estrogen in order to function.  I am 57 and wonder after five years of ups and downs whether this is every going to settle. 

Many thanks again.

Lesley x

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 03:59:13 PM »

meno lesley - I wonder why you start to bleed early? At what point does this happen? It should be more effective like that and I presume you've had your lining thickness checked? I can see it is difficult to use vaginally when you are bleeding and also I am not clear what is happening structurally to the womb lining if it is already coming away before the progesterone course is finished. Yes your own hormones should have settled by now - depending on when your last period was/would have been? Some women do have a late menopause though, and hormones levels do not bottom out until about 2 years following the last period or when it would have been anyway.

Hurdity x

meno lesley

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 10:50:07 PM »

Hi Hurdity

I had my last period 7 years ago and have struggled with hrt. Utrogestan taken continuously has been the progesterone I have tolerated the best especially vaginally but find that after a week or so I start to bleed.  I'm not sure if I'm inserting it correctly, and this may be barking up the wrong tree, but I have a tilted womb and was wondering if the progesterone was absorbing correctly. I see Nick Panay in London and have had regular scans which have been ok. 

Thank you for your advice.

Lesley x

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 05:56:39 PM »

Yes I have retroverted uterus too and it definitely absorbs well for me. I can see it would be difficult to continue taking it vaginally continuously if you want the bleeding to stop because absorption could be an issue while bleeding? I wouldn't want the head fog all the time either!

Hurdity x

meno lesley

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 07:34:25 PM »

Thank you for your replies Hurdity and Stellajane, I was thinking of asking to use it for part of the month but was wondering if at 57 if this was an option? I have tried all of the other progesterones and have felt like I was going mad, so Utrogestan has been the best by far, it's just some days are hard to cope with the continual foggy feeling. I seem to have developed some stomach issues as well and unsure if this is connected to what I'm taking or it is just me.

Many thanks again.

Lesley x

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 07:00:22 PM »

;D absolutely Stellajane!!

I'm 62 and still bleed every couple of months - because I do not relish the alternative - that foggy head!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]