Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot 25 and hair loss  (Read 2724 times)

GPH63

Estradot 25 and hair loss
« on: December 02, 2015, 02:26:19 PM »

I've been using Estradot 25 patches twice weekly for about six months. The only side effect I've experienced is hair loss. Although I regret the loss, my hair was quite thick to begin with so it doesn't look too bad. I'm worried, though, in case I just carry on losing hair for as long as I use the Estradot - I haven't got that much hair! Does anyone have experience of this? Does the hair loss stop once the body adjusts to the drug or does it just keep falling out? I do know that, if I just stop using the patch, the hair I've lost already won't grow back.

Joyce

Re: Estradot 25 and hair loss
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 03:35:02 PM »

I have been using Estradot 25 & not noticed any difference with my hair. Don't think it's a common side effect, but everyone is different. Have you googled to see if there are other instances of this problem?

Sunnydays

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 05:55:40 PM »

I've only been taking for 8 weeks and have not noticed this problem. Could I ask how you know that the hair won't grow back if you stop taking the patch?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 07:02:43 PM »

Hi GPH63 - welcome to the forum.

I am on Estradot 50 and my hair has changed, becoming thinner and drier,  but this is down, I believe, to my age (61) rather than just the patch. Have you had all of the usual blood tests to check that the rest of your health is ok? It's easy to blame everything on meno but it's always worth mentioning it to your GP. Are you also using a progesterone?

Taz x  :welcomemm: