Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is it a spot of thrush maybe?  (Read 4042 times)

Sunnydays

Is it a spot of thrush maybe?
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:28:48 PM »

Hi, I had a bit of a funny tum last week (all rather strange , I had a bad migraine and as soon as the funny tum came on, the headache went) and coincidence or not it's felt very sore since in lady parts down below  - red and rather itchy.  Have tried sudacrem but it seems to have aggravated it. Any ideas if it might be thrush? And if so ways to get rid of it?

Rebelyell

Re: Is it a spot of thrush maybe?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 09:06:47 AM »

Thrush is easy to treat with OTC remedy, but if you haven't had it before it is best to go to GP.   The remedy can irritate if you haven't actually got thrush.  Usual symptom is copious whit discharge.

Good luck!

Jenna

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:34:43 AM »

Hi Sunnydays - I would ask your GP to take a swab. It could be thrush, but it could be Vaginal Atrophy and thrush treatment will only make this even more painful. (Been there!) For me thrush is a white discharge and unbearable itching, whereas VA is discharge, maybe some itching (not unbearable), but mainly soreness. Best to get it checked and get the correct treatment - it could even be just an infection. Hope that helps!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 12:23:40 PM »

For me VA was razor blades up there  :-\.  Thrush - when I stopped the Pill in the 1980s and following elective surgery was intense, continual itchiness high up …….. I didn't have discharge with either condition.

You may have passed a Germ from back to front if your tummy was upset.  Best get your Practice Nurse to have a look-see  ;) and let us know.

Sunnydays

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »

Thank you ladies. Having checked the symptoms on the nhs website I can now see what they mean about discharge like cottage cheese! Sorry! It does appear to be thrush.  So just bought stuff from pharmacy which I hope helps.
I wondered if maybe yakult or something like that might be good for helping the ph balance in the body. I part read an article about Elle macperson who at 50 likes to ensure her ph balance is good as that helps towards optimum health. Any ideas on acid/alkali foods???

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 01:32:48 PM »

Firstly, get it diagnosed!  I find that drinking Actimel on a regular basis helps generally.

LIVE yoghurt for thrush sufferers can work too.  That is 1 pot in the fridge to eat lots of, another in the bathroom to apply.  Thrush/candida thrives on sugars throughout the digestive tract.  So the pot in the fridge deals with the tract and the 1 in the bathroom applied can be soothing.  Laying on a warm towel naked; some ladies find putting lots on a tampon and inserting as high up as possible ………. leave for a few moments then withdraw the tampon.  Rest.  Eat 2/3 times daily in large
spoonfuls ;-).

I used it for my dog who had chemo therapy and suffered heart burn, she was happy to lick yoghurt off a spoon  ;)

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »

I used it for my dog who had chemo therapy and suffered heart burn, she was happy to lick yoghurt off a spoon  ;)

CLKD - I'm sure your dog wasn't feeling well at all but how did you know she had heartburn?

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 04:05:46 PM »

Have U ever had heartburn, I have  ::).  She would sit up with her head and neck stretched, swallowing constantly. Until she had licked a large tablespoon of LIVE yoghurt. 

Limpy

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »

Have U ever had heartburn, I have  ::).  She would sit up with her head and neck stretched, swallowing constantly. Until she had licked a large tablespoon of LIVE yoghurt.

If i'd thought I'd had heartburn it wasn't too bad.
However, after taking alendronic acid tablets recently I find the day after taking the tabs I feel as I've been punched somewhere around my middle - is that heartburn?

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »

4 me heartburn starts as excess saliva; followed by pain in the area where the ribs meet, the soft bit ……. with accompanying reflux and pain in the ribs/gut/shoulder areas …….. only antacids stop it  :-\ …….. sometimes I need DH to rub my back hard to move the trapped wind.

Sunnydays

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 07:14:15 PM »

CLkD , is the natural yoghurt kitchen and bathroom  routine preventative or to treat an acute case rather than over the counter stuff?

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »

Not natural yoghurt but LIVE - I use the Greek which has live written in red round the tub.

I used it if the tingling itch = thrush began  ;).  I really ought to eat it more often however  ::)

Sunnydays

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 08:59:47 PM »

Just to update - I used a course of the otc cream and pessary for thrush and its now all cleared up - thankfully. Hope it was just a one off!

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 09:02:37 AM »

Glad to hear that Sunnydays :)

Hurdity x