Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Another bio bcp  (Read 3080 times)

Chi chi

Another bio bcp
« on: November 23, 2015, 11:01:30 AM »

I'm sure I read somewhere that there's Qlaira and another one, can't for the life of me remember the name or where I read about it, does anyone know?
Thanks  :)

Hurdity

Re: Another bio bcp
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 11:55:36 AM »

Hi Chi Chi it's called Zoely - but I've just had a look at the product info and the oestrogen dose is not very high - consisting of the same dose of 1.5 mg oestradiol (and a progestogen) for 24 days per 28 and 4 tablet free days. Therefore it is relatively higher in the progestogen - a type I've never heard of called nomegestrol acetate
http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/27581/SPC/

I'm not sure under what circumstances this would be prescribed as opposed to Qlaira but if it were me I would prefer the Qlaira with its higher oestrogen doses and more progestogen free days!

Hurdity x

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 01:55:55 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, it was the progesterone I was interested in reading about and how it compared to the one in Qlaira

Briony

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 10:07:25 PM »

I researched this a lot before staring Qlaira. I totally agree with Hurdity. Qlaira is preferable for many reasons. Zoeley's reviews are not good too (though that doesn't mean much, I know). If anything, I would stick with Qlaira but top up with gel like Annie Evans suggested. Wish I had tried that!