Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Christmas bonus for cleaner  (Read 1768 times)

Tinkerbell

Christmas bonus for cleaner
« on: December 13, 2021, 10:43:25 AM »

I arranged a cleaner for my parents a few months back, my dad is now in care home, my mother has carers come in. The cleaner who is a young mum has been fantastic in doing other tasks eg sending letters onto me, my mother's personnal laundry, checks what she needs and then texts me and more. This has all been such a help as i am a 2 hour drive away.

I want to give her a Xmas bonus, i have POA but haven't a clue how much.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Limpy

Re: Christmas bonus for cleaner
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 11:13:19 AM »

How about an amount either close to, or equal to, the amount she is paid per week/month for the cleaning. You could send a card with some nice crisp new notes in it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 12:24:51 PM »

There are some lovely 'thank you' cards for starters. 

MayB some cash as well as a token: does she have time for gardening?  Would she like a lot of bubble bath though one gets into allergies etc.  ::).  I get given boxes of smellies, half of which I wouldn't use i.e. bath bombs.

Chocolates and wine are difficult for obvious reasons.  Does she read?  She will probably be using her own fuel between clients but some people don't like accepting money directly in case they feel that they need to declare it. 

Or a magazine subscription ........... it's about being appreciated.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 02:55:57 PM »

How about an amount either close to, or equal to, the amount she is paid per week/month for the cleaning. You could send a card with some nice crisp new notes in it.

That’s what I would do. 👍

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 10:27:12 PM »

I think that a bonus is a lovely idea.

I’m arranged a Christmas hamper for my Mums neighbour, who has been wonderful towards both my parents for many years in many ways, including waiting for an ambulance for several hours after falls. They still keep an eye on the house now that Mum is not there, sweeping up leaves and putting bins out after I’ve been there sorting stuff. And when Mum eventually dies, if there is any money left, I will give them a substantial gift. Just being around has given me some measure of peace of mind. You can’t put a price on that.

Dorothy

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 11:08:14 PM »

I work as a gardener, and while I never expect anything, it's always appreciated when I get a bonus as I know it means people appreciate what I do.

I'd give cash if you can - maybe with a note telling her to spend it on something special.  Unless you know her well, gifts are trickier - many of the ones I've been given have ended up being passed on as they're not really me.  And while I appreciate the thought, I'm always a bit sad that I couldn't have had the (much needed) cash instead!

Of course, my work being seasonal, this is the start of a lower income for me, so money is more of an issue.  But I have friends who are cleaners whose work drops off over Christmas as many people are home from work and happy to do their own (plus with Covid, clients who are working from home and doing their own cleaning because of that)  So I'm sure the money would be appreciated.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 05:14:03 PM »

I think that a bonus is a lovely idea.

I’m arranged a Christmas hamper for my Mums neighbour, who has been wonderful towards both my parents for many years in many ways, including waiting for an ambulance for several hours after falls. They still keep an eye on the house now that Mum is not there, sweeping up leaves and putting bins out after I’ve been there sorting stuff. And when Mum eventually dies, if there is any money left, I will give them a substantial gift. Just being around has given me some measure of peace of mind. You can’t put a price on that.

That’s nice JuJu.  My Mum’s neighbour was lovely too and I still send her a card at Xmas and birthday and buy her a present.  She was a lot younger than Mum but they got on really well and she looked out for Mum. 

When my Mum’s Estate is finally settled I plan to give a generous donation to the Care Home as they truly loved and cared for Mum and I also plan to do the same for the Stoma nurses at our hospital as they were brilliant too.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 06:55:11 PM »

That’s really a lovely gesture Tinkerbell.
It’ll make her feel valued. Which in this day and age, and circumstances, we all need.
For you, for being so lovely.   :foryou:
Xx