Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vestibularistis anyone?  (Read 6606 times)

ancient runner

Re: Vestibularistis anyone?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 10:17:16 AM »

And, Mollie, I've been to the sexual health clinic when I wasn't sure if I had thrush, cystitis or whatever. They're experts in that bit of your anatomy - they're not just about sexually transmitted diseases. If nobody else is being much help, why not give it a try? You can more or less get a walk in appointment.

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »

Good advice andius although mollie is already on HRT and Vagifem http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29568.msg471922.html#msg471922

Mollie - the way your gynae examined you - on your side from the back - is the correct way to diagnose a urethral or bladder prolapse. The speculum is also the right thing to use too. I hope you do get some answers soon.

Taz

mollie2

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »

But when they have examined me that way they have said nothings wrong,, My GP who spotted it had me on my back and looked and felt and she didnt use anything, In hindsight I think by using something they are moving it and opening me so its pushed so they miss it if that makes sense x

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »

It does make sense but I know from my frequent examinations that this is the way that some prolapses are detected. Urethral prolapse is very rare though so I can see how you fear it may have been missed. Are you managing to pass urine ok? It also seems that the mucosa covering the prolapse bleeds on contact and is very painful to touch.

I think that andius post may be helpful to you while you wait for your appointment.

Taz x

mollie2

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 04:06:01 PM »

Aww  i just wrote a long reply and it disappeared 😩😩😩 YES 😁😁 This is it!!! Finally someone knows, Thank you!! Yep exactly this only i dont sting with peeing and pee ok,, Sometimes i sting generally and badly,, First went to the gp as i was raw and thought it was thrush but no discharge just raw and swollen then this lump came with the mucas and my god the burning started badly which got me distressed so i was given vagifem which helped,, This lump feeling is causing me stress and nerve pain and generally ruining my life.. Most Gp's have missed it as they dont look front on and use speculums that i feel push it away,, The only thing is is that i dont get any pain with peeing or using soaps,, I feel as though my insides are going to fall out and yes i feel swollen and open,, Im worried my partner will notice as well,, Does this condition require an operation or can it be cured otherwise? What can i do to make it better? Im sorry i have driven you lot mad ( im driving myself mad ) Can anything fall out? And should i go to the clinic do you think?,, Im on hrt at the mo, What is systemic hrt? Im so glad someone on here has spotted my problem 😁😁😁

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 04:40:18 PM »

Nothing will fall out though it might feel like it  >:( but 'things' might move a bit because as oestrogen levels drop off, muscles become lax …….. what did you decide?  Do let us know as all experiences shared are helpful to others  ::) and there will be others ……….

;D  I hate it when I type a really good, intellectual reply and it then disappears  :bang: ………. out there in cyber space, spinning round  ::)

andius

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »

What type of hrt are you on and how often do you take it??  Are you still on vagifem also, and how do you take it?

Do you use progestin or progesterone and how do you take it? Do you use testosterone?

Someone earlier mentioned amytriptylene.  I have used that in low doses occasionally and it helps to numb those feelings below.  You might visit your GP also and ask for some of this to hold you over until you can get this resolved.

Andius

mollie2

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 05:22:06 PM »

I am on amitriptyline and can only take a low dose as i can't tolerate it, I use vagifem a few times a week , I dont see it helps if i take it more ofet, The HRT is femoston 2/10 and its an everyday one.. I feel so much better know someone knows what im talking about and i will glady share with others.
Taz2 what do you mean what did i decide? Do you mean going to the clinic?

andius

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 04:23:49 PM »

Well it sounds like you are covered with the femoston for HRT.  Maybe you are using too much?? vaginal estrogen and it is causing irritation?

Vagifem does have fillers that you can be allergic to but estring does not. Can you try leaving off the vagifem for a while or cutting the pill in half and using that instead of a whole one 2x/week to see if it helps?.  You could ask to switch to estring also as an alternative to vagifem.

The only other thing I can think of to try was something my doctor told me to do when I was really having a hard time with this and they couldn't find anything wrong.  If you get some low dose hydrocortisone ointment (not cream) at the drugstore (non prescription), you can put a thin layer on the vaginal opening with a Q tip to see if that decreases the inflammation.  I was worried it might cause thinning of the skin, but the doctor told me not to worry about that with such a low dose. She told me to alternate it with vaseline in the morning and night and I did find that it gave me some relief.

Good luck,
Andius

Kathleen

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 05:52:16 PM »

Hello mollie2.

I don't have any words of wisdom I'm afraid but I am so pleased that the wonderful ladies on this forum could help you, it's one of the reasons MM is so valued.

Take care.

K.

mollie2

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »

Huge relief I can tell you, I thought I was going out of my mind and I really thought I had an abnormal foof 😳 I have had so many issues since I starfed my periods 30+ years aho but this is by far the worst and I will glady help anyone if I can xxx

mollie2

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 06:24:58 PM »

I was giving the vagifem pesseries for the burning!  The lump came the same time as the burning and stinging, I didnt know I could get ointment, I have the cream but will go to the chemist,,, The joys of being on the change!!!
Pages: 1 [2]