Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Unsure if I should persevere with tibolone  (Read 2062 times)

Lynanne

Unsure if I should persevere with tibolone
« on: November 26, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »

Hi all me again managed to see go last week. Told her I needed help with meno symptoms . And if she couldn't help me to put me onto someone who would. Anyway to cut a long story short she gave me tibolone 2.5mg no follow up no advise nothing. (Great) day 2 had headache dismissed this now on day 6 headache every day and now having blurred vision and the last 3 days have felt sick. My question is will this pass (should I persevere) or stop taking them. 
Btw I get flushes dryness no libido and mood swings .
Really fed up now.
My hubby has been great but .....

Galadriel

Re: Unsure if I should persevere with tibolone
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 02:52:47 PM »

Hi Lynanne,

It's early days for you. The symptoms you describe are all listed in the side-effects for tibolone and may settle down with time. That said, I would give the surgery a ring to see if you can speak to the GP/Nurse about how you are feeling. Failing that, you could speak to the pharmacist about it.

It's not much fun at all :hug:

Galadriel x

Mary G

Re: Unsure if I should persevere with tibolone
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 06:29:54 PM »

Lynanne, sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well.  Do you mind me asking what kind of blurred vision you have been having?  My reason for asking is that I have what is called scintillating scotoma, disturbed vision without headache (aka silent migraines) when I take synthetic progestins and I was wondering if perhaps you have experienced something similar?

It is early days but if you don't get on with Tibolone, there are other forms of HRT that might suit you better.