Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: climagest 1mg  (Read 2012 times)

elainewin

climagest 1mg
« on: November 22, 2015, 04:19:54 PM »

hi to everyone i have recently joined this forum .I am 55 yrs old and have recently started climagest 1mg 1mth 4 days..my problem seems to be ,i started taking hrt because irrigular periods, feeling ill most days,and awful night sweats,...the sweats have reduced down to almost zero..but i now feel sick most days gone of my food in last 3 days, i feel really angry and stressed not sleeping well at all....my doctor gave me 3 mths supply and dosnt want to see me till then...is this normal to feel this bad as i was hoping hrt as gong to be some sort of miracle cure for all my ailments . should i just plod through for next 2 mths or go back to drs now...also just started a bleed after nearly 5  mths  without ,im really confused as i have no one to ask is this all normal ..most forums i read just say how fantastic hrt has been for them.hope some one out there can help feel really down as ive cured 1 thing and gained 6 more .

Dancinggirl

Re: climagest 1mg
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM elainewin
It is still early days - it takes time for your body to adjust to the HRT. Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up and get back to us with questions. Nausea should settle but it is important to eat small amounts often.
Has the withdrawal bleed started?
If you find that things don't settle then I would suggest you try Femoston 1/10 as this has a kinder progesterone that is tolerated better by many women.
I would persevere, if you can, for the 3 months -  hopefully things will improve.  DG x

elainewin

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply,yes my bleed has now been 3 days im feeling better this evening,I am taking my climagest at 7pm at night is there a better or worse time to take it ....not getting off to sleep till about 3am even after going to bed about 11pm,driving me mad tired all day cant sleep at night .

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »

Hi elainewin  :welcomemm: from me too!

I agree with Dancinggirl about the advice to keep going for a while longer until your body gets used to it. If nausea continues to be a problem then transdermal delivery methods (ie through the skin) are usually advised - which would mean either a patch or a gel - but the latter means you would have to take progesterone separately. Also the progestogen in the Climasgest (called norethisterone)  sometimes has bad side effects in some women - the irritability and pms type symptoms so as Dancinggirl suggests Femoston would be a good one to go for if the nausea settles but the other  symptoms continue.

I am sorry I can't help with the time of day as I've never taken tablet HRT but usually peak concentrations of hormones in the blood stream occur a few hours after taking it so if you took it at bedtime then this would occur while you were asleep and hopefully wouldn't wake you up!

Hopefully other members will be along to tell you what time of day they take their tablets! I agree - being sleep deprived is not good, especially if you have to work.

Re the withdrawal bleed - you should have been told by the doc that cyclical HRT ( where you have two different types of tablets) causes a withdrawal bleed - which isn't a proper period - but the progestogen in the second half of the pack changes the womb lining that's built up from the oestrogen tabs in the first part, and then when you change back again to a new pack, the lining comes away. You were given this type ( that causes a bleed) because you weren't post-menopausal when you started the HRT - you have to be 12 months without a period to count as post-menopause. At your age though, after a year or two you may well be able to go onto a no-bleed continuous combined HRT if you prefer.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x