Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Reassurance I think  (Read 4524 times)

donnacrichton

Reassurance I think
« on: November 20, 2015, 08:50:02 PM »

Hi I've been taken of estrogel as couldn't get a dose to settle and put on estradot 50mcg. Three weeks in now and wasn't too bad and was feeling slow progress up until 48hrs ago. Old symptoms flooding tender breasts headaches, sweats flushes anxiety feeling. I usually have these symptoms when estrogen high. I know very early days but quite nervous think I had false hope to begin with. Can symptoms fluctuate to high when settling?

Joyce

Re: Reassurance I think
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 11:15:41 PM »

I was initially given Estradot 50 after oestrogel. I stuck with it for about 2 months or so. Constant palpitations, anxiety etc. Reduced to 37.5 & became more human again. We are all so different on this journey & it can take a while to settle. Maybe 3 weeks is a bit early to tell, but maybe speak with GP.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 08:35:15 AM »

Donnacrichton - I can't quite remember where you are in menopause and how old? Personally I have only ever taken 50 mcg ever since late peri-menopause and this has always been fine for me, although I think a slightly higher dose would make me feel even better! As I understand it, once you are post-menopausal levels shouldn't really fluctuate (apart from the daily rhythms) if the patch is sticking well. I agree with cubagirl - I should give it a while longer.

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 09:03:21 AM »

Hello donnacrichton.

I think I am in a similar position as you. I am 5 years post menopause and have been using Evorel 50 mcg patches for about 8 months. I felt I was making progress but this last week I have felt terrible with flushes, nausea, diarrhoea, tearfulness, irritability you name it. I am so sick of this meno journey as I suspect are you!

I was interested to see that Cubagirl felt better on a lower dose and she is correct in that we are all different, shame we all have to suffer the same problems though!

Sorry I can't be of more help but you have my sympathy and sending hugs.

K.

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »

Hi I am 43 and started peri at 38. I have had ovaries shut down for a year to try to stabilise been using gel most of that time. It felt like my hormones were always changing hence moving to the patch. I know this should end up with no fluctuations in theory and thought it was improving fine then have hit a bumpy road😢

donnacrichton

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 08:53:48 PM »

Had reduced to 37.5 patch and flushes were immediate lasted 3 weeks then I am cutting a small amount off 50 mcg most symptoms improving except headache. It is constant and needing to take painkillers constantly. I am sure I am nearly there as 50 too much 37.5 too little. Any ideas how long it will take to ease off. Feel so close x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 08:54:50 PM »

Can't answer your question but make sure you are well hydrated as some medications are 'drying' and headaches can be caused by de-hydration  ;)

Spangles

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 10:53:30 PM »

Hi Donnacrichton
Sorry I can't offer any advice as I haven't used the same things that you are talking about.
Please can you tell me how you have had your ovaries shut down as this isn't something I've heard of before.
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

donnacrichton

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »

I get an implant into my tummy every 10 weeks and it stops my ovaries working not something to do without great thought.  I am hoping the headaches will resolve once the dose settles.

donnacrichton

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 08:49:40 PM »

Headache now gone but symptoms still very up & down getting flushes now will these ease off with a stable dose ? It has taken a few weeks for headache to disappear hoping the flushes don't mean too low. Are flushes likely because of change of dosing? Any information appreciated