Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Update - GP thinks this site is ace!!!!  (Read 4269 times)

jorainbow

Update - GP thinks this site is ace!!!!
« on: November 20, 2015, 08:05:25 PM »

Had my appointment with the GP I like today and it was a positive one!  She thinks this site is great!!! Explained problems with Ovestin burning which she has come across before and until I've had my urology appointment wants me to use replens. She also said that yes the blood in my urine could be irritated urethra due to diminishing hormones contrary to what the senior partner said as it was microscopic amounts 😊😊😊  She also can't understand why gynest was discontinued as she used it with other patients successfully and is going to research if anyone else is going to produce it. Came out much more positive.

dazned

Re: Update - GP thinks this site is ace!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 08:34:56 PM »

:medal:  for your GP then.

Now for a few more !

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 09:07:41 PM »

It's great that your GP likes this site!  When you look at the read stats, it would appear to be very popular so let's hope we are helping others as well as ourselves.

I use Replens and it is very good. 

ellie66

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 10:58:47 PM »

Has Gynest been withdrawn?

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 11:10:30 PM »

Well done, your GP!  We need to have a real MM medal to award to good GPs methinks!

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 08:39:42 AM »

Re the Gynest - we had a discussion about this a while back. Can't find the threads. The Gynest pessaries were withdrawn some time ago. The Gynest cream was also discontinued but as far as I understand has been replaced by a generic estriol cream at the same strength so if your GP request a prescription for this (ie 0.01% Estriol cream) you should get the same product . There is also Ovestin which is stronger ie 0.1 % but you use less of it. I am still using up my Gynest as I only use it now and again - still using up pessaries and also have Vagifem!

Glad you're feeling positive jorainbow and what good news about your GP - lovely to hear. Yes this site is briiliant and the forum such a help too :)

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 09:14:56 AM »

Hello jorainbow.

I agree with your GP, this site is great! A while ago I spoke with someone who trained with Dr. Currie and he was impressed with her and the work she does. Long may it continue.

Also pleased to see that your GP is being so helpful to you.

Take care.

K.

jorainbow

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »

Thanks and yes it's good to have an enlightened GP - wish they were all the same!  Re the generic I recall the first script I got said that Hurdity but the pharmacist was the one who said they couldn't get it so maybe they need enlightening!!!! I might go see them today 😊😊😊

jorainbow

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »

Another quick update - Tesco pharmacy can get the generic gynest!!!!😊😊😊 will be letting lovely GP know. Haven't started the replens yet due to period and not feeling sore but will start maybe at the weekend. Urology appointment Wednesday so will see if that is irritation or something more causing the blood in urine. Still feeling positive not least because son back from travels on 1st - not seen him for 14 months!!! 😆😆😆😆

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 09:00:22 AM »

You must be so excited!  Have a great time catching up with your son - he must have loads of interesting tales to tell after travelling so long!

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 09:29:27 AM »

I have the generic estriol cream now in place of the Gynest and it is exactly the same, same ingredients, same tube and same manufacturer, Marlborough.  It is just marketed as a generic and is therefore cheaper.

jorainbow

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 06:17:27 PM »

Thanks Dorothy. I can't wait!!!!