Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vaginal bulge  (Read 2709 times)

mollie2

Vaginal bulge
« on: November 18, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »

Hi All,  i posted the other re my bulge and general soreness,, Well im wondering if i should go back to the docs in the morning, I jave been sore all week again and feel as though my bulge will come out ( my doc said i had a prolapse but hospital said no i didnt ) As im bring referred again and only went to the docs two wks ago do you think it ok to go back again?  I need something to help me till i get seen at the hospital, The last few docs haven't examined me but i am thinking of asking for one so i can get them to understand how i feel x

Taz2

Re: Vaginal bulge
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 10:09:52 PM »

Hi mollie - I sympathise as I know how uncomfortable a prolapse can be. Was it a gynae you saw at the hospital and were you standing up or lying down when you were diagnosed as not having a prolapse?

As for having something to help before you visit the hospital - I'm not sure what your doc can give you. You can have a ring pessary fitted to hold things up but it may be wise to stay as you are if possible before you are seen at the hospital so that they can see how things really are. Do you know what the doc thought had prolapsed?

Taz x

mollie2

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 10:21:14 PM »

I was lying down and examined from behind with  something similar to a speculum like they ise for smears, He said no prolaspe as it wasnt possible as id never had children but my gp said it was my urethra, I can see it plainly and i get sore, I just need another dr to see it so i can hurry my referral and to advise me on the do's and dont's and also about work and the next step ahead really.. It is really bothering me and i need to get comfort x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 10:28:10 PM »

Hi again. Did you read the info in the link I posted on your Vaginal Issues thread? http://www.msdmanuals.com/en-gb/professional/gynecology-and-obstetrics/pelvic-relaxation-syndromes/cystoceles-urethroceles-enteroceles-and-rectoceles

It is unusual to have a urethral prolapse without a cystocele - prolapse of the bladder - so it could be that you are so uncomfy because you have two prolapses going on. Have you been given pelvic floor exercises to do to help strengthen tissues? It sounds as if your gynae examined you in the correct position to detect a cystocele or urethrocele (prolapsed urethra) so it does seem odd that you were told that you didn't have a prolapse. I would have thought it would have shown up. What advice were you given as to what the bulge was if it wasn't a prolapse?

Taz x

mollie2

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 07:45:09 AM »

Nothing,, There wasnt any there according to him,, Also he wasn't interested in my period issue so im back to square one where noone seems to care and im left going out of my mind.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 08:05:24 AM »

Do you think that your symptoms are the same as in the link?  I didn't realise you had a bleeding issue too.

"Urinary symptoms
You may have urinary symptoms if your prolapse affects the front (anterior) part of your pelvis (your urethra and bladder). Symptoms may include:

The need to pass urine often, both during the day and at night.
Leaking of urine on coughing, sneezing, laughing, straining or lifting.
Feeling a sudden urge to pass urine, and also sometimes leaking urine before getting to the toilet.
A flow of urine that stops and starts.
A feeling that your bladder has not emptied properly and the need to pass urine again soon afterwards.
The need to change position whilst sitting on the toilet or the need to use your finger to push back the prolapse to enable urine to pass"

Taz x

mollie2

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 08:47:37 AM »

Well i had all those things going on for yrs but nothing mahor and only now and again and not enough to even think there was a problem but since my bulge has come i dont get any of those at all, I have no urinary issues whatsoever, My bleeding was down to heavy periods and hrt change, Im going to see the gp at 11am and will ask for an examination, Im just worried about doing everyday things and am very uncomfortable and stressed, Ive got back ache a lot plus my job in care work involves a lot of walking x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »

I really do understand what you are going through as I had two prolapses. The important thing is not to lift anything heavy - and by heavy I mean not overload a shopping bag etc. You need to pull your pelvic floor up before you lift anything as well. I used to have urinary issues from my bladder prolapse before my uterine (womb) prolapse happened but then that blocked the other prolapse so the urinary symptoms improved. It is a very complicated business but I would say that if a gynae has examined you then you don't have a prolapse but obviously something isn't right. I hope you got on ok at the GP's

Taz x

mollie2

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 08:25:57 PM »

Absolute n.mare!! Saw gp who is stumped! Four docs and two gynae's and no result! The one dr totally agreed with me and sent me to the gynae so i know im not going mad, The man dr today examined me and said all looked out ffs!! So have to wait for another referral,, I have also googled vestibularistis in the vagina and it looks like that too.