Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: When to up HRT advise please  (Read 2851 times)

Kazy rock

When to up HRT advise please
« on: November 19, 2015, 07:03:20 PM »

Hi I've been on Elleste 1 mg for three months the first month was up down and then all was well now into my third month my symptoms have come back is this normal any advice thanks 😊

Mary G

Re: When to up HRT advise please
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 07:55:14 PM »

Hello Kazy rock, are you new on here?  If so, welcome.

I have just been reading up on your medication, are you taking Estelle Solo or Estelle Duet?

Two thoughts, firstly, if you are taking Estelle Duet, it contains norethisterone which is a synthetic progestin and this can cause bad side effects and undermine the good work that the oestrogen does.  I am intolerant to it and can't take it at all, it wreaks havoc on my system and gives me silent migraines. 

If you are on Estelle Solo, it could simply be that it is not strong enough.  I can only give you my experiences but I can tell you that when I was on 1mg of oral oestrogen, it stopped working very quickly because it was too weak. 

Are you open to the idea of changing medication? 

Kazy rock

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:13:34 PM »

Hi Mary thanks for the reply am on Elleste 1mg duet it was working fine but now out of nowhere it has slightly stopped the palpitations and anxiety is back think I might have to up or change to a different brand thanks Mary

DebsMK

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 04:14:54 PM »

Hi - I was on Femoston 1/10 for a year and for the last few months my original symptoms came back, extreme tiredness, aches, crawling skin, sleeplessness, dry eyes etc etc.  I went back to the GP and asked to change to Femoston 2/10. I am on the first month and feeling lots better.  All of the symptoms have gone, except I am still tired but not extremely so. It did take me about 6 months or so of taking the Femoston 1/10 for everything to settle down, maybe you need to wait a bit longer?

Kazy rock

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 08:00:29 PM »

Thanks Debs just hate the whole experience and all that it entails 😏

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 09:02:03 AM »

Hi Kazy rock

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x