Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help with the Maths  (Read 3674 times)

toffeecushion

Help with the Maths
« on: November 17, 2015, 08:38:48 PM »

My periods are lasting longer.  Sometimes I bleed for 4 weeks at a time.  Do I still count the first day as day 1 and keep counting until the next one starts?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help with the Maths
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 10:12:08 PM »

Yes.  However, what does your Practice Nurse/GP suggest about continuous bleeding?  Not something I would have tolerated  ;)

toffeecushion

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 04:19:35 PM »

To be honest you get used to it.  I've been told it's normal, so I can live with it rather than take medication.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 04:39:25 PM »

In my 20s/30s I had very heavy periods for 2-3 days then it settled for another 2/3 days into a brown sludge ……. sometimes I would bleed for 10 days, have 10 days break then start again  >:(.  I got used to it, now I wouldn't put up with it!

toffeecushion

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 04:44:28 PM »

I just wondered about counting the days till my next period was due.  My periods can be every 23 - 50 days apart but sometimes I bleed for 28 days so not sure if 50 days is classed as a late period or not given how long the bleeding lasts.  That sounds so confusing, but I know what I mean ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 04:47:23 PM »

I used to count from the 1st day of a bleed ……….. eventually I would get a gap then I would start the next time I saw blood  ::).  HATED it!  :-X

toffeecushion

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 05:00:15 PM »

Well I've managed 18 days without a bleed this time, last time was only a week off in 6 weeks :(

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »

Enjoy the break!   Must be costing in sanitary protection, something that ought to be free  >:(  ::)

Mary G

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 07:20:26 PM »

As far as I know, the first day of your period is day 1 of the cycle which is a bit of a blow if your periods last for two weeks because you may find you only have two weeks before the next one starts.  I used to hope that it would be two weeks for the end of the period but, sadly, it doesn't seem to work that way!  I have found that the only way to combat long bleeds is to take more progesterone unfortunately.