Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BCP in perimenopause  (Read 12118 times)

Briony

Re: BCP in perimenopause
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »

Dandelion, if you're on 100mcg patches, then that's very like a BCP anyway, in that (unlike a lower dose) it will be suppressing ovulation and therefore keeping you steadier. Those of us that had problems with hrt felt it wasn't suppressing ovulation, so it was not helping our fluctuations. I am actually considering switching to 100mcg patches as they are safer yet have a similar effect (apart form the contraceptive properties!) as the BCP for someone in peri menopause. Anything that suppresses ovulation - pill or patch - takes months rather than weeks to work. I just wish the waiting time was more pleasant!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 02:25:09 PM »

If I can't get properly stable on Gederal then I might be joining you on trying a high dose patch (though I would much prefer gel).

I see my consultant in 4 weeks time, so will see what she has to say in the matter.

Briony

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 08:14:13 PM »

My first day of a break today (GP said I had to have a break before I came back to her). I really dont know if I can face re-starting, but equally, I am dreading how I will feel once my body realises I've not had today's dose. A little bit worried as I cant find any references to potential bowel issues with this BCP (Marvelon) so I cant help wondering if it's caused by something else.

How are you today, GRL? If you went back to HRT, would you take Utro for 12 or 25 days?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 08:37:12 PM »

I have had a touch of stomach ache and diarrhoea since being on Gederal. Definitely more constipated too.

Did your GP say why you had to have a break? Both GPs I saw expressly told me not to have one. But then I have never had an aura migraine, unlike you.

I am really keeping everything crossed for you that you weather the break better than I did. You might well be fine.

I have updated my Pill Diary, but thank you, I feel better today. I don't feel 'good' as I did during my first pack. But definitely better than yesterday. These itchy red spots are bugging me though.

If I went onto high dosage oestrogen gel I would probably experiment with just 10 days of Utro per month. Would you try for 25 days, as I know you liked being on Utro.

Chocolatechaos

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 08:50:34 PM »

Hi, so I have been on the bcp for a week now. I have to say that I have been fairly good with my moods, more tolerant, better able to concentrate and focus and less anxious at work. All of that is hugely better. However, the nausea is now causing me issues with bloating and indigestion. So frustrating to have these side effects. I am hoping these will pass soon as if they dont i will have to look at other options. For my pill break I think a backup patch may be the way forward, If i get to that point!!
Pages: 1 [2]