Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sleeping tablets  (Read 2184 times)

bramble

Sleeping tablets
« on: November 17, 2015, 09:40:23 AM »

Has anyone got any recent experience of Nytol? My sleeping pattern has been totally out of kilter for the past 3-4 months. The usual - can't get to sleep/wakening up at silly o'clock etc etc despite a good 'sleep routine' ie going to bed at the same time. not drinking caffeine etc etc - all the sensible stuff. Years ago I took Nytol at night for a few nights when my sleep was disrupted and it worked very well. Has anyone tried it recently and how did you get on?

Bramble

SadLynda

Re: Sleeping tablets
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 11:42:06 AM »

I take one that is just called 'sleep aid' I think it has the same ingrediants.  Eventually starts working.

ellie

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »

When I tried Nytol they hyped me up  >:(.....maybe it was just me  :o.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 04:40:32 PM »

I have used nytol but I find they give me blurred vision the next mornng which is a listed side effect and a dry mouth.
I was reading recently that if you take nytol continually for 2 weeks then the sedative effect goes away as you body adjusts to them so they are best used occasionally to stop this.

I have started taking 500mg of valerian - it will not put you to sleep like nytol/sleeping pills but over time it is supposed to help you sleep better and keep you calmer in the daytime.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 04:42:15 PM »

Oh  :o:beaurk:  - unless it's altered in the last 15 years  ;D.  I use anti-histamines if necessary, i.e. when we are away from home and if I haven't slept for 3 nights …… taken around 8.30-9.00 p.m. they work for me.  I don't feel hung over the next morning either.