Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Early menopause and already on cerazette  (Read 15914 times)

Vicki1701

Re: Early menopause and already on cerazette
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »

Thank you I will have a read and look into the mirena, although I am pretty squeamish about it too, but will investigate,

sadielouise78

Re: Early menopause and already on cerazette
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »

Hi Brightside,

I'm 43 and on Cerelle (the other mini-pill) but have tried Cerazatte too.  I started with night sweats, lack of sleep, mood swings and finally erratic periods 2/3 years ago.  Since then I have had really heavy bleeding, very bad PMS (which I haven't had since a teenager) and now bad acne after years of no spots.  I'd say everything you have mentioned are possible menopausal symptoms, after all menopause is known as 'the change' and your body starts to do all sorts of strange things as it changes.  I'm now trying different HRT's to try and find what will work for me.  I have to admit though, the acne has only started when I started HRT I guess because I'm suddenly adding in hormones. As to how you tell if you are menopausal if you are on the mini-pill, it's very hard.  I went from having 7 months of no periods on Cerelle, then everything went erratic with heavy periods, breakthrough bleeding and flooding.  I think you need to look at the other symptoms of menopause to decide if you are heading that way.  I had blood tests too but they aren't always accurate depending on when in the month you have them done.

Sarah
Pages: 1 [2]