Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 2322 times)

Shaon1978

Citalopram
« on: November 15, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »

Hi everyone

I need some advice please I was on Citalopram alongside my hrt as at first I was told I was depressed until my bloods came back in January that I was post menopausal at 36.

I decided to come of the anti depressants a couple of weeks ago as I stupidly thought I didn't need them anymore, but I have since discovered I am really moody, miserable and crying a lot.

I don't know how my boyfriend is putting up with me at the moment.

I am wondering whether I need to be on the anti depressants again or whether to see what happens, I am fairly new to all this what do you all think ? I can't go on feeling like this....

Sharon xx

jedigirl

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:09:02 PM »

Hi, you really shouldn't come off Citalopram cold turkey. Maybe you could try a lower dose and reduce gradually. I would speak to your GP, you need not feel this way x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 08:12:45 PM »

I agree with jedigirl - I understand that withdrawal form any ADs should be gradual. Also what HRT type and dose are you on? It may be that the ADs were masking some of the menopausal symptoms (it is sometimes prescribed for this purpose although shouldn't be) so as you come off it you may need to increase your HRT dose gradually too.

Hurdity x

Shaon1978

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 09:09:47 PM »

Hi hurdity

I am on INdivina low doseage.

I said to the doctor about coming of the antidepressants and he never said a word.

Sharon

dazned

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 09:13:30 PM »

Many people use ADS alongside their hrt,perhaps you are one of them. I take both at the moment.

Spangles

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 07:25:47 AM »

I've been on citalopram for years alongside HRT, meno is such a roller coaster for me I wouldn't dare stop either at the moment, but you have to do what's right for you.
xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »

I have to take a maintenance dose of AD for Life …….. 'wrong' time of year to stop medication.

crazydaisy

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 08:41:56 PM »

I am on HRT and AD. it was not until the AD was added did I start to feel like my old self. I wont be coming off either for quite a while. x

Shaon1978

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 09:34:06 PM »

Thanks guys I think I will be taking the ad's again feel like I am losing the plot.

X