Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Paris.  (Read 14712 times)

honeybun

Paris.
« on: November 14, 2015, 11:01:40 AM »

What is happening in our world.

Those poor people.  :'(

Honeyb
x

Claireylou

Re: Paris.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »

My heart goes out to them. Ordinary people having a night out. God bless those involved. My dear old nan used to say "it's not our world, it's some of the people on our world that have gone wrong".

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »

So, so sad.  :'(

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »

It's absolutely appalling.
Those poor people.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 11:36:09 AM »

It is so sad.

You ask what's happening in our world HB. I think it's the same thing that's been happening for a long time but usually in other places so we hear the numbers killed and injured in a news report, fleetingly feel a sadness for them, and then get on with our lives because it is not close to home. I'm not sure why we react so differently to something just across the Channel as the loss of life and the grief is the same wherever it happens - just further away from us.

My son's girlfriend lives just outside of Paris - she is safe which is great for our family but so many others haven't been so lucky. A very sad day.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 12:18:26 PM »

It just seems to have become so much worse over the last decade or so.

ISIS seems to be the big problem but what's to be done about that  :-\

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 12:32:50 PM »

I agree. It's so difficult when the usual thing that stops people harming others in this way - fear of death themselves - doesn't work because the act of dying while fighting for their cause gives them martyr status and a guarantee of reaching Nirvana.

It's all really unsettling.

Taz x

Dorothy

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 06:46:12 PM »

I'm not sure why we react so differently to something just across the Channel as the loss of life and the grief is the same wherever it happens - just further away from us.

My son's girlfriend lives just outside of Paris - she is safe which is great for our family but so many others haven't been so lucky. A very sad day.

So glad your son's girlfriend is safe.  I heard this morning that my friend who lives in Paris is safe, and all her family.  Such a relief, but very conscious of all those others who won't be getting the same news from their loved ones.

You are so right that the loss and grief are the same wherever it happens.  I was really upset during the Tunisian killings because I read a news report that said something like 'tragic news - majority killed were British'.  The tragedy is that PEOPLE were killed, not that BRITISH people were killed - it wouldn't be less tragic if they had been Tunisian.  If you know any of the victims personally, it is more tragic for you as an individual, but people are of equal worth regardless of their country of origin.

I am so sad for Paris but also for those all over the world who are mourning or recovering from terrorist attacks.

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 07:38:41 PM »

How many are getting in as migrants....more than a few I think. That makes my blood run cold. The first plane full arrive in Scotland this week. Who are we inviting in to our country.

It's very difficult to see who is genuine and who is not but I hope they will be watched very carefully as who knows.
The Koran states death to infidels ......kind of worrying don't you think.

How do you know who is ok and who is not....really no way of knowing.

France has said it's an act of war....so do we go to war......or not.

Honeybun
X

Limpy

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 07:46:27 PM »

Anyone waiting for the British Muslim leaders to say something.

The silence is deafening and that in itself is so worrying.

We need to do something....what though

Honeybun
X

Taz2

Limpy

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 09:02:13 PM »

Well done him.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:24:00 PM by Limpy »

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 09:59:00 PM »

Not before time.

Now how do we deal with it is the question. It's horrific and I hope it doesn't come to our shores although I fear it's already here.  :-\

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 02:07:04 PM »

Our local Muslim Commnitey - Leicster - spoke out by mid-yesterday afternoon.  The Iman was in tears.

We had the Irish problems for years - I don't remember the rest of the World mourning.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4